Scam alert: HDP Report - System ([email protected])
Thread poster: Natálie Jampílková
Natálie Jampílková
Natálie Jampílková  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:49
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 8, 2020

Dear colleagues,

On October 1, I received an email from [email protected] (it looks suspicious, but I have noticed this only today) about a translation job opportunity. In fact, there are reports regarding fraudulent activity from th
... See more
Dear colleagues,

On October 1, I received an email from [email protected] (it looks suspicious, but I have noticed this only today) about a translation job opportunity. In fact, there are reports regarding fraudulent activity from this email address:
https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/220249
https://www.signal-arnaques.com/en/scam/view/170182
But I didn't know that, applied and then received a link for "online interview" where I was to fill up a questioner again, where some of the questions repeated. There, I was to choose between providing a reference letter from someone in Australia or agreement to pay a "digital service guarantee" of more than USD 1000. I chose the second variant to see what will happen. At this stage, they also required, inter alia, a copy of at least one official document, so I sent a copy of my ID card, which I certainly regret. The next step, finally, was the "online interview". I was to record a short video to answer several questions (similar as before) asked in their video of very poor quality (the second signal that something was wrong). I passed this stage as well. Then, to get access to my account, I was to create a password which was not encrypted and, moreover, they were to confirm it within two hours. After that I was to accept or reject an agreement where the guarantee was mentioned again. I wrote them a letter that I was not going to risk my money, and I received an answer that I was dishonest. I could avoid all this and save my time if I searched for [email protected], but it did not occur to me. Instead, I searched for "HDP Report - System" and did not find any helpful information. So, be careful!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam alert: HDP Report - System ([email protected])

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »