TM in project package disabled; TM added manually not working
Շարքի հրապարակողը: Kaya Green

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 05:17
գերմաներենից անգլերեն
Jan 21, 2019

Hi all!
I was sent a project package to translate.
This included an AnyTM. On opening the package I was notified "The translation provider 'AnyTM: XYZ.sdltm' couldn't be opened and has been disabled". Though the "enable" checkbox for this TM is not ticked (and the same error message comes up when I do tick it), what seems to be a sub-TM is ticked as enabled. This does not have much in it so I checked with the client.
I was sent the TM separately to attach to the project. This s
... See more
Hi all!
I was sent a project package to translate.
This included an AnyTM. On opening the package I was notified "The translation provider 'AnyTM: XYZ.sdltm' couldn't be opened and has been disabled". Though the "enable" checkbox for this TM is not ticked (and the same error message comes up when I do tick it), what seems to be a sub-TM is ticked as enabled. This does not have much in it so I checked with the client.
I was sent the TM separately to attach to the project. This seemed successful and it showed up as enabled in the project settings. Though it is a massive TM, no matches are showing up when I translate the text and concordance is not searching it.
When I disable the 'sub-TM' sent with the package, there is then no TM available to me at all, even though the separate TM I added manually is still ticked as enabled.
I have upgraded this TM and re-indexed it (not sure what that means but thought it worth a try). I'm pretty new to the technical ins and outs of this so forgive me if any of this is self-evident or doesn't make sense!

Does anyone know what I could do to remedy this? Got massive text to translate and not much time...
Many thanks!
Collapse


 

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 05:17
գերմաներենից անգլերեն
TOPIC STARTER
Forgot to say Jan 21, 2019

it is Studio 2019

 

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 05:17
գերմաներենից անգլերեն
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jan 21, 2019

This may have had something to do with a mismatch of target languages (text set to UK, TM to US). I fiddled around a bit and under the specific language pair (>UK) added the new (>US) TM as a file-based AnyTM rather than simply a file-based TM.. this seems to have worked!

 

Ondira  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 05:17
Անդամ (2012)
անգլերենից գերմաներեն
Thank you! Sep 19

Thank you so much for this! You just saved me with your tip - I had the same problem, and your solution worked.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM in project package disabled; TM added manually not working

Advanced search







SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Բառերի որոնում
  • Պատվերներ
  • Ֆորումներ
  • Multiple search