Working with multiple files in Trados, shown file name path settings?
Thread poster: Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:56
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 9, 2019

Hi there, I am working a large translation with multiple files, and when I opened them all simultaneously Trados would show the file name in the orange "file separator", found my litte niece on my computer today, she must have done something, but now I don't get the file name but the complete file path, which is annoying.

This was shown: File_09_016_de_Standardmedium.xml

Now I am getting something like this this:
\\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\
... See more
Hi there, I am working a large translation with multiple files, and when I opened them all simultaneously Trados would show the file name in the orange "file separator", found my litte niece on my computer today, she must have done something, but now I don't get the file name but the complete file path, which is annoying.

This was shown: File_09_016_de_Standardmedium.xml

Now I am getting something like this this:
\\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\folder\File_09_016_de_Standardmedium.xml

Does anyone knows how to set this up?

[Edited at 2019-06-09 23:55 GMT]
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 13:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Partial Tag Text Jun 10, 2019

Your niece selected Full Tag Text.
To change it, go to View ribbon > Options section and then select the icon Partial Tag Text.
PS.: You don’t need your niece to revert the settings, you can do it yourself. 😃

Cesar Morales

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Neo Jun 10, 2019

NeoAtlas wrote:
To change it, go to View ribbon > Options section and then select the icon Partial Tag Text.

That answer makes no sense.
(But: hey, you're right! How weird!)

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:56
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU! Jun 11, 2019

NeoAtlas wrote:

PS.: You don’t need your niece to revert the settings, you can do it yourself. 😃

@NeoAtlas, thank you very much!!!
this was driving me crazy, I was actually thinking on handing her year and half fingers the keyboard to trash it, and maybe, see if it reverted back!

This quick "fix" worked perfectly!

[Edited at 2019-06-11 01:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with multiple files in Trados, shown file name path settings?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »