Thread poster: Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Local time: 03:19
Greek to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2019

Hallo!
Is there a possibility to find a term searching all projects at once? I know that I have translated a file which contains a certain term, but I don't remember where it was.

TIA

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Windows search tool Jul 27, 2019

This has been much improved, and can be used on groups of files, in
a Windows environment obviously. I hope this meets your need.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren
(IanDhu - translator 41189)

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Saved files in the cloud Jul 27, 2019

Hallo!
Thank you Adam. Since I have saved and work on files in the cloud (Dropbox) normal Windows search does not work there.
Franz

[Bearbeitet am 2019-07-27 19:19 GMT]

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
http://www.voidtools.com Jul 27, 2019

Considering frequent 'accidental' data leakage and NDA, I neither use nor recommend using clouds for private documents. I seem to remember that a cloud could be mapped as a network drive, but I didn't try it either.

Now I prefer a tiny offline Everything tool as a service, which quickly works under any OS without extra fuss.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Could a proprietary file search tool work in a Cloud environment? Jul 27, 2019

I have no recent information regarding this, but try Googling 'Tech Support Guy': I've received cordially helpful advice from informed contributors to that InfoTech portal.

Again, I hope this may contribute to a solution.

Regards,

AHW

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Translation memory? Jul 27, 2019

Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but surely one of the great advantages of Trados is that you can use the same translation memory for similar projects, and if you do this then you can search for terms in the translation memory without having to worry about what project they were in.

Recep Kurt

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 28, 2019

Hallo!
Thank you to all of you!
Thanks for the hint with Voidtools!!
Thank you too for remembering me the Translationmemory where I can find what I want.

You're great!!

Franz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search for a term in all projects

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »