Thread poster: Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:57
English to German
Aug 1, 2019

Hi,

I have reset my computer and forgot to deactivate Trados 2019. When reinstalling the software I now seem to be useing the trial version, but cannot deactivate or reactivate my own licence.

I tried deactivating offline and returning it - none of it will work?

Any ideas?

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 03:57
English to Portuguese
Contact SDL support Aug 1, 2019

Hi, Gabriele!

Try to contact SDL support online. They helped me when the same thing happened after resetting my PC.

Eliza Hall
Eliza Hall
United States
Local time: 03:57
French to English
+ ...
Prepare to spend A LONG TIME on the phone with Trados Aug 1, 2019

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. This happened to me. Go on their site and start the chat app... you'll get some advice; take screenshots. But you will also almost certainly have to call in, at length, several times.

Muhammad Said
Muhammad Said  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:57
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Same experience, SDL Help Desk handled it Aug 1, 2019

Gabriele Demuth wrote:

Hi,

I have reset my computer and forgot to deactivate Trados 2019. When reinstalling the software I now seem to be useing the trial version, but cannot deactivate or reactivate my own licence.

I tried deactivating offline and returning it - none of it will work?

Any ideas?

Hi Gabriele,

A couple of years ago, I installed a new Window on my computer and forgot to deactivate my SDL Trados license. Then, I contacted the SDL Help Desk, which deactivated my license online within 48 hours. Try to contact them and I know it may take time but your issue will be resolved.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:57
Chinese to English
+ ...
Totally off-topic... Aug 2, 2019

But this is one of the reasons why I have stayed away from Trados and stayed with software that have less...punishing licensing restrictions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Can't deactivate Trados Licence!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »