Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:03
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2019

Hi all,
When I try to upload a TM I get the message "file is not a database" and so I can't upload it. I tried to solve the problem following the instructions on the Support page but I can't find the App Data (and made sure the files are not hidden).
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000005203

Anybody had my same pro
... See more
Hi all,
When I try to upload a TM I get the message "file is not a database" and so I can't upload it. I tried to solve the problem following the instructions on the Support page but I can't find the App Data (and made sure the files are not hidden).
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000005203

Anybody had my same problem?
TX
Collapse

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Try searching using Windows Explorer: Aug 6, 2019

its new search tool is more efficient. The SDL article linked-to prescribes renaming the 3 XML files, presumably so that Studio can generate new ones. Locating those files appears key to solving this problem.

Another possibility is to repair the Studio software. In the Settings (control panel?) menu, click on "Programs and Features", then select SDL Studio 2017 (not the "Remove" feature!), and select "Repair".

I hope you can solve this problem soon.

With k
... See more
its new search tool is more efficient. The SDL article linked-to prescribes renaming the 3 XML files, presumably so that Studio can generate new ones. Locating those files appears key to solving this problem.

Another possibility is to repair the Studio software. In the Settings (control panel?) menu, click on "Programs and Features", then select SDL Studio 2017 (not the "Remove" feature!), and select "Repair".

I hope you can solve this problem soon.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren (IanDhu - translator 41189)

[Edited at 2019-08-06 20:27 GMT]
Collapse

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't manage Aug 7, 2019

Thank you Adam.
I tried but I keep on getting the same massage. What shall I do?
TX
Paola

Adam Warren
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Could it be a corrupt template? Aug 7, 2019

I'm sorry I haven't helped. The Studio support information includes instructions for dealing with corrupt templates - could this be a line to explore? In any case, the software itself doesn't seem to be the cause.

The SDL support reference is Article 000004317.
I hope you can find a solution.

With kind regards,

AHW.

[Edited at 2019-08-07 19:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-08-07 20:58 GMT]

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not corrupted Aug 8, 2019

It is not a corrupted file, as it's not the only one with this problem.
And it's not Trados, as I tried on 2 PCs. I'll try to send a support ticket or pay an expert.
Tx
Paola

Adam Warren
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Template, not work file Aug 9, 2019

I think we're at cross-purposes: somewhere in ProZ or SDL, I've seen a reference to a corrupt template, namely the re-usable "model" project file. In any case, it would be advisable to consult the "SDL Community" page, before contracting any expense: https://community.sdl.com/

I'm sorry I can't quite find my way round to inserting a URL, but you can paste that one in your browser.

I h
... See more
I think we're at cross-purposes: somewhere in ProZ or SDL, I've seen a reference to a corrupt template, namely the re-usable "model" project file. In any case, it would be advisable to consult the "SDL Community" page, before contracting any expense: https://community.sdl.com/

I'm sorry I can't quite find my way round to inserting a URL, but you can paste that one in your browser.

I hope this can be solved without undue expense or trouble.

With kind regards, AHW.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when uploading a TM in Studio 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »