Preventing Sudio from changing price formats (dot into semicolon)?
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
Member (2003)
German to French
Jun 25, 2020

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance SR2

When I confirmed a first segment looking like this :

0.40 CHF

all the following segments with the same format were automatically changed into this

9:00 CHF
11:00 CHF

although they should read as

9.00 CHF
11.00 CHF

I went to the projects settings / My language pair / Translation Memories / Auto-substitution, and I unchecked all boxes (numbers, dates, etc.)... See more
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance SR2

When I confirmed a first segment looking like this :

0.40 CHF

all the following segments with the same format were automatically changed into this

9:00 CHF
11:00 CHF

although they should read as

9.00 CHF
11.00 CHF

I went to the projects settings / My language pair / Translation Memories / Auto-substitution, and I unchecked all boxes (numbers, dates, etc.)

The result is even worse, as it’s now

09:00 CHF

What should I do for Studio apply the same original format to all those prices without changing the dot into a semicolon?

Thank you very much in advance !
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
Price formats Jun 29, 2020

Studio has problems with some number formats. If you cannot find appropriate settings, I would suggest that you let Studio "do its thing" and then run a custom regex to correct the format (this is what I usually do).

Adam Warren

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed Jun 29, 2020

Thank you Anthony,
That’s exactly what I did in the end.

Strange enough though, in the other files from the same project Studio handled the prices just like it had to, although nothing had changed in the meantime.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preventing Sudio from changing price formats (dot into semicolon)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »