Thread poster: Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Local time: 09:02
Greek to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2020

Hello!
Maybe someone know if thiw is possible: In the resultswindow of concordancesearch I see the results with source and target. Is it possible, that the searchwindow shows me the filenames from where the results came too?

TIA

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Displayed in Yellow Bar Aug 12, 2020

Hello Franz,

When the result comes from the TM used for this project only there is no hint where it came from, you know it is used for this project only. In all other cases the source is displayed in the yellow bar below the concordance search window ("Konkordanzsuche").

HTH,

Silke

[Edited at 2020-08-12 17:51 GMT]

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More and different files in every project Aug 13, 2020

Thank you Silke,

but as I told in the headline, I have many files in every project and I use only one "Big Mama TM". Therefore my question.

Thank you for your answer!

Silke Walter wrote:

Hello Franz,

When the result comes from the TM used for this project only there is no hint where it came from, you know it is used for this project only. In all other cases the source is displayed in the yellow bar below the concordance search window ("Konkordanzsuche").

HTH,

Silke

[Edited at 2020-08-12 17:51 GMT]

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
no, but... Aug 13, 2020

This is not displayed, but if the files have been aligned in Alignment tool and the TM was created on the basis of such alignment, usually there are titles of files which were the basis for alignnment next to the hit.

But I guess this is not the case here...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adjusting results of Concordance search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »