Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:47
German to English
Oct 5, 2020

When I try to save my file, I get this message. All text are entered into the TM when I confirm them, with the exception of three segments close to the beginning, which do not contain tags.

I checked all of the tags with the quality check function. They are all there, although Trados itself removes some superfluous ones on its own when I put them back in.

I am afraid to close the file for fear I will lose everything.

What can I do to get rid of this messa
... See more
When I try to save my file, I get this message. All text are entered into the TM when I confirm them, with the exception of three segments close to the beginning, which do not contain tags.

I checked all of the tags with the quality check function. They are all there, although Trados itself removes some superfluous ones on its own when I put them back in.

What can I do to get rid of this message?
I have SDL Trados 2017.

[Edited at 2020-10-05 19:39 GMT]

P.S. I also just noticed it does not save texts from a table in the TM.

[Edited at 2020-10-06 01:02 GMT]
Collapse

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 02:47
German to English
+ ...
comments? Oct 6, 2020

Ilka Nahmmacher wrote:

What can I do to get rid of this message?
I have SDL Trados 2017.

[Edited at 2020-10-05 19:39 GMT]

P.S. I also just noticed it does not save texts from a table in the TM.

[Edited at 2020-10-06 01:02 GMT]

in my experience, usually nothing. Close Trados, restart it, let your project fill back in from the TM, save. Usually restarting Trados clears the error.

the only time I've received this message *consistently* is that I currently (since my last update I think?) get it if I try and add comments to a project where I've opened multiple documents together. In that case if I remove the comments, the problem disappears.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »