where in studio 2017 is the very useful "add 2nd translation" option?
Thread poster: jmutka
jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 08:48
Finnish to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2020

i use it all the time in studio 2011, and it, among other things, prevents confirming incorrect segment in auto-population, in case the phrase has multiple meanings.

for the life of me, i couldn't find it.

is there a workaround if i go to manipulate the TM directly?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:48
English to Russian
Ctrl+Shift+U Oct 13, 2020

Press Ctrl+Shift+U to add an alternative translation for Default project template.
Or try Ctrl+Alt+Up for SDL Trados project template (or whatever it is called... can't recall now... other than Default), if you selected it when you created your project.

[Edited at 2020-10-13 22:05 GMT]

jmutka
jmutka
United States
Local time: 08:48
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where in studio 2017 is the very useful "add 2nd translation" option? Oct 14, 2020

sbasiba @stepan konev. that does it.

[Edited at 2020-10-14 07:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »