Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2020

Trying to figure out Trados Live in between paid translation work. Wondering if any of you might have insights to three of my questions/observations:

1. Can't add DeepL. I have a subscription. Anyone know when this feature might be incorporated into the Live version as it is in desktop?
2. Set up a sample project and uploaded a simple word file. It's been an hour and it is still "processing" the file. Is this typical? If so, this is not workable in the real world for me.
... See more
Trying to figure out Trados Live in between paid translation work. Wondering if any of you might have insights to three of my questions/observations:

1. Can't add DeepL. I have a subscription. Anyone know when this feature might be incorporated into the Live version as it is in desktop?
2. Set up a sample project and uploaded a simple word file. It's been an hour and it is still "processing" the file. Is this typical? If so, this is not workable in the real world for me.
3. When creating a new Translation Memory using the wizard, the page hangs and I have to start over when I refresh.

This is all very frustrating. I had high hopes for Trados Live. I have no problems with the desktop version. Was hoping to be able to use my Mac without Parallels/Windows at last.

Anyone know of a comprehensible "Quick Start" guide? I found a few blogs that are useful and going through them know such as: https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2020/08/17/sdl-trados-live/

Thank you for any insights you might have.
Collapse

Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow-Up Nov 27, 2020

Ana-Maria from Trados support really helped me out. She was wonderful. She spent about an hour looking at all my settings through virtual control. We found out that when I list my language variant as "Spanish (Modern)" into English (United States) for some reason the source document kept showing a status of PREPROCESSING and never leaving that status. We made a test project using "Spanish (Spain - International sort) and the source file was processed almost immediately for translation.
... See more
Ana-Maria from Trados support really helped me out. She was wonderful. She spent about an hour looking at all my settings through virtual control. We found out that when I list my language variant as "Spanish (Modern)" into English (United States) for some reason the source document kept showing a status of PREPROCESSING and never leaving that status. We made a test project using "Spanish (Spain - International sort) and the source file was processed almost immediately for translation.

She will be contacting people on her end to look at this and for a possible fix. I can wait for the fix or recreate my TMs from Spanish (Modern) to another "flavor" of Spanish that allows for the file to be processed if I need to use them for a subsequent project.

I am very thankful to Ana-Maria. She was quick, responsive, knowledgable, and thorough.
Collapse

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Live Questions/Observations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »