Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:19
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 22, 2020

Hi there,

I am working on this very complicated (instruction wise project right now), 3 packages in total.
They send very specific instructions in how to set up the package settings.

1 of this is:
- Loading a specific TB
- changing some specific settings

And then within the translation, in the TB viewer clicking the Hitlist icon, "loading" a *.mhits file with some configuration provided by the client, and then selecting some specific fie
... See more
Hi there,

I am working on this very complicated (instruction wise project right now), 3 packages in total.
They send very specific instructions in how to set up the package settings.

1 of this is:
- Loading a specific TB
- changing some specific settings

And then within the translation, in the TB viewer clicking the Hitlist icon, "loading" a *.mhits file with some configuration provided by the client, and then selecting some specific fields.

This all worked fine in the first package, *.sdlppx but the second package is a *.wsxz, and it "loads" the *.mhits file but now it says there are no fields to show.

¿Can it be that this is due to the different type of package?
Has anyone had this issue before?
Is there any solution/workaround?

I thank you in advance,

PS:
this is the first time I have to use such a file.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:19
English to Russian
You need a plugin for that Dec 22, 2020

I guess you are talking about SDL Trados Studio 2021, and your wsxz package comes from SDL WorldServer. Correct me if not. If yes, you need a plugin for wsxz packages.
To make thier piece of software even better, they removed some features that were available in earlier versions. Now, when Studio is in its best-ever condition, you have to download a plugin to make it work the way you have got used to. I suggest that you go to their great help site called SDL Community. Good luck!

[E
... See more
I guess you are talking about SDL Trados Studio 2021, and your wsxz package comes from SDL WorldServer. Correct me if not. If yes, you need a plugin for wsxz packages.
To make thier piece of software even better, they removed some features that were available in earlier versions. Now, when Studio is in its best-ever condition, you have to download a plugin to make it work the way you have got used to. I suggest that you go to their great help site called SDL Community. Good luck!

[Edited at 2020-12-23 00:38 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

*.mthits file wont load to a *.wsxz package

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »