Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
SDL Trados 8 (2007) cannot reorganise TM, database corrupted, Workbench gets stuck while exporting.
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No improvement Apr 18, 2010

Thanks for asking, Vito. The TM could not be repaired, as before, but this time I had backups. It's a nuisance nevertheless and something that shouldn't happen. Mind you, it hasn't happened with Studio yet. Studio has problems of its own, the unsuccesful reconverting of documents into their original format being one of the worst. Sigh!

Vito Smolej wrote:

Claudio Porcellana wrote:

sure that you can delete it!
export your memory in .txt, use the Search option and manually delete it

...assuming of course, that you can still export it...

PS: Marinus, how`s your TM doing? Still have problems with it (g)?

[Edited at 2010-04-17 19:39 GMT]

jyconte
jyconte
Local time: 07:13
SDL Trados 8 (2007) cannot reorganise TM, database corrupted, Workbench gets stuck while exporting Apr 20, 2010

Marinus Vesseur wrote:

Quite unbelievable, but true: SDL Trados just wrote me that the TM cannot be reorganised or exported even by them.

Thanks Martin, but it looks like this TM might be lost, at least the last 2 months of it that I have no backup of.

Warning to all: backup your TM's regularly, Trados does not protect against database corruption and Support is unable to help.

Hi MArinus,

I had a similar problem very recently with one of my TM (170,000 segments. It was exporting or reorganizing, but stopping at segment 11,350 for a while (up to 5 minutes) and finally starting again up to the end. I didn't pay much attention, except that one day a translate stopped at 61%.

As the maintenance commande in the workbench is the least friendly that you can find and doesn't help at looking for a segment by number (as far as I know, though I must say that it is so unfriendly that I really didn't try), I concverted the TM as an SDLX TM. The maintenance allows you to look for a particular segment. In fact it displays the number of segments by groups of 50. That means that if it shows 5000 segments you multiply by 50 and get the total number of segments in the TM, and if your problem occursat segment 2,800 you have to look at the group of segment 56. You might find something or nothing.

In my case I found nothing, but mention it just in case.

So I went back to the .txt file, opened it and look manually. You have to work by guessing at which level it could be. 2,800 segments are just at the beginning after the parts with fonts and stylesheets.

Just scroll down using page down and you might find something. In my case it was 2 or 3 (maybe more) pages of letters and / in a segment (/cs/cs/cs etc. or something like that). I deleted this segment, and it works.

I hope that can help you,

Jean-Yves

Corvex
Corvex
Local time: 15:13
German to Hungarian
No export and no reorganise abilities Apr 27, 2010

Claudio Porcellana wrote:

sure that you can delete it!
export your memory in .txt, use the Search option and manually delete it

I would be glad, if I could at least reorganise the database, but the root of the problem is the same, which occured already at other commenters of this topic, too: even reorganising stops at (exactly!) that point, and as I try to export it, than a message says, that I have to reorganise first. It's the catch 22... Unfortunately I've continued to write this tmw even after these errors occure, because I hoped the same as you mentioned, that the deleting of that known TU was (or would be somehow) easy to do... However, no one knows a method for that. (The tmw can be written without errors, but couldn't be reorganised and exported, so I won't be able even to backup it, when neccessary.)

Other ideas?

Letra
Letra  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:13
English to Polish
+ ...
Check your antivirus settings... May 25, 2010

... It helped in my case. I could not reorganise the TM and it seems that my antivirus software (Kaspersky) was blocking it somehow. I added Trados Workbench to trusted applications and the problem was gone.

Nordtext
Nordtext
Latvia
Local time: 16:13
Member (2007)
Danish to German
+ ...
How it all started? Oct 20, 2010

Hello!

I was experiencing the same problem, obviously, but what I wanted to know was if someone managed to identify the actual corrupted unit in the TM?

I would possibly like to know how this problem could have happened or how the error can be recognised in the text, since I always triple-checked all files before updating the TM, and no actual error message or any warning was shown before.

Regards,
Alise

David Paul Samson, MA Translation
David Paul Samson, MA Translation
India
Local time: 19:43
English to Tamil
+ ...
50052 Error Sep 1, 2011

You are exactly right.

Its not a problem with installation or with the the drive where it is.

It is purely with the database maintenance.

The reorganize command sets all the segments in an order, so as to use it again.

When this error 5052 occurs, the TM neither reorganizes or exports the TM.

It keeps on analyzing while trying to reorganize or shows the error message inconsistent data, reorganize or export/import TM.

T
... See more
You are exactly right.

Its not a problem with installation or with the the drive where it is.

It is purely with the database maintenance.

The reorganize command sets all the segments in an order, so as to use it again.

When this error 5052 occurs, the TM neither reorganizes or exports the TM.

It keeps on analyzing while trying to reorganize or shows the error message inconsistent data, reorganize or export/import TM.

This is really a mess, and no body seems to resolve it.

I wish if anybody can help me.

1. suggestion of reinstalling the Trados, 2. copying the TM to another folder, machine, 3. exporting to another .ttx file, are all failed.
Collapse

mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Solution to this problem Feb 15, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I think I have the solution for you.

If you have SDL Trados Studio 2009, or know any one who has, or even send me the TM to fix for you, then this could be solved.

Open SDL Studio 2009, open the corrupt TM there, Upgrade and it will work, then export it again to TMX and import the TMX into a new TM for Trados 2007.

I am sure this will solve the issue for you.

Let me know if it does not, so that I can offer more sop
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I think I have the solution for you.

If you have SDL Trados Studio 2009, or know any one who has, or even send me the TM to fix for you, then this could be solved.

Open SDL Studio 2009, open the corrupt TM there, Upgrade and it will work, then export it again to TMX and import the TMX into a new TM for Trados 2007.

I am sure this will solve the issue for you.

Let me know if it does not, so that I can offer more sophisticated methods for you. I dont know why SDL support people do not bother to help translators in need?

Sam Ragab
Collapse

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Issue not solved by opening the TM in 2009 Oct 15, 2012

mutarjem wrote:

Sam Ragab

Dear Sam,

I am facing the same problem. I can open the corrupt TM in SDL Studio 2009, but when trying to upgrade it, the process gets stuck at the very same TU (12500, in my case). None of the other solutions presented in this thread helped me, either My conclusion is Trados sucks! Best wishes to you all! Andrei

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Solution Dec 26, 2013

Hello Colleagues,

Merry Christmas!

I was just wondering if someone here still has an issue with Reorganise/Export on Trados Translator's Workbench 2007 or earlier versions, that is, the Workbench is stuck at a certain TU during the Reorg/Export process, or it simply refuses to reorg/export any TU at all, saying that the database is corrupted.. If so, I guess he may find TmwSalvage a real solution. This is a freeware tool that Wei Jiang, one of my fellow translators, has
... See more
Hello Colleagues,

Merry Christmas!

I was just wondering if someone here still has an issue with Reorganise/Export on Trados Translator's Workbench 2007 or earlier versions, that is, the Workbench is stuck at a certain TU during the Reorg/Export process, or it simply refuses to reorg/export any TU at all, saying that the database is corrupted.. If so, I guess he may find TmwSalvage a real solution. This is a freeware tool that Wei Jiang, one of my fellow translators, has just created. You can check it out at the following link:

http://www.polytrans.com/tmwsalvage/index.htm

Thanks!
Donglai Lou
Collapse

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:13
English to Portuguese
+ ...
An amazing piece of software prooved just ideal Oct 20, 2014

This link offered me the best solution. It is just an amazing piece of software:

http://www.polytrans.com/tmwsalvage/index.htm

All working now as it should.

Well done to the developer.

Kind regards,
Mónica

Forindo
Forindo
China
Local time: 22:13
English to Chinese
Developer of TmwSalvage here! Feb 7, 2015

Hello Everyone,

I am the coder of this little tool - TmwSalvage. I am very glad to see that it is of some help to my colleagues.

I am starting developing more tools for peer translators. If you have any wishes, you can contact me by email - polytrans2011 AT gmail DOT com .

Thanks,
Wei

ORSZAGH Technologies Ltd
ORSZAGH Technologies Ltd
Cyprus
Czech to Slovak
+ ...
TmwSalvage Aug 26, 2020

Forindo wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am the coder of this little tool - TmwSalvage. I am very glad to see that it is of some help to my colleagues.

I am starting developing more tools for peer translators. If you have any wishes, you can contact me by email - polytrans2011 AT gmail DOT com .

Thanks,
Wei

Hello Wei,

Is TmwSalvage available somewhere in 2020? Your website seems to be offline. Thanks beforehand!

Lubo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 8 (2007) cannot reorganise TM, database corrupted, Workbench gets stuck while exporting.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »