Thread poster: Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:08
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2009

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a software/program that converts the subtitle time codes rendered according to the actual duration of a movie into the timestamp times. Someone suggested Sub Station Alpha, but unfortunately I have Vista 64 bits. Does anyone know anything compatible with Vista 64 bits that serves this purpose? Thank you in advance!

Best,

Lucy

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Details Sep 21, 2009

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the two kinds of time codes? Give me an example of how they correlate.
It's mostly out of curiosity but I may have a solution as well.

Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:08
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
frame-based Sep 22, 2009

Hi,

Thank you, so when we usually cue in and out the sutbitles, we do it according to the running time of the movie. But sometimes, there is also a different "running time" embedded into the movie, which is based on the frames. So, I need to convert my subtitles into the frame-based "running time“. I hope it makes sense. I know Substation alpha does it, so if everything fails, I'd just have to do it on another computer without the Vista.

Best,

Lucy

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thanks Sep 22, 2009

I see... I have no idea then. Perhaps Subtitle Workshop can also open the subs and resave with different settings, but you're probably best off using the software you know.

David Fleming
David Fleming  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:08
Member (2023)
Japanese to English
Vista64 installer here Oct 28, 2010

Lucy Liang wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a software/program that converts the subtitle time codes rendered according to the actual duration of a movie into the timestamp times. Someone suggested Sub Station Alpha, but unfortunately I have Vista 64 bits. Does anyone know anything compatible with Vista 64 bits that serves this purpose? Thank you in advance!

Best,

Lucy

Sorry for the late reply, but I only recently started looking through these boards. There is an installer for Substation Alpha that will work on Vista64 at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Sub_Station_Alpha . Download the "SSA .msi installer". I use SSA every day on my 64-bit system.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting into timestamp times

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »