Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 01:21
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Subtitling oftware Oct 13, 2014

Hello, glad you found it was useful. I remember that I had found srt software: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=srt%20subtitle%20editor; but I never had time to learn how to do transcribing, and, maybe, was just not interested, but only in translation-note that translation takes a much longer... See more
Hello, glad you found it was useful. I remember that I had found srt software: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=srt%20subtitle%20editor; but I never had time to learn how to do transcribing, and, maybe, was just not interested, but only in translation-note that translation takes a much longer time than ordinary translation, as you have to go back and forth, and you are limited by character amount-even if you hadn't been, you should always attempt to keep the subtitles short as you have to realise people do not have the time to read them while following whatever you are translating. As Nicole said, I enjoy translating subtitles, but it is slow, laborious work, even when I am offered a better rate than mentioned above, and when, either I receive the video and have to translate exactly below the translated subtitle, or when I am sent the video, have to watch it, read the translation in a word file, and translate as I normally would, not beneath the subtitle. See if you find one of the links I posted good and maybe you can play about with it till you get the hang of it-you might be and probably are-more tech savvy than me. Good luck.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on subtitling rates

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »