Windows platform transcription and subtitling software?
Thread poster: PatriciaMagnus
PatriciaMagnus
PatriciaMagnus  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:07
English
Dec 19, 2013

I have read the only other discussion on this topic top to bottom and did not find a solution...

I transcribe long videos. Recently, I have been asked to provide two deliverables: a Word file with time stamps (not at intervals) and a subtitled file. I do not want to transcribe twice or go back to insert the codes. So I need an all in one.

Most awesome would be if the software can capture streaming media, like a Google hangout, so that I can transcribe while recording. I
... See more
I have read the only other discussion on this topic top to bottom and did not find a solution...

I transcribe long videos. Recently, I have been asked to provide two deliverables: a Word file with time stamps (not at intervals) and a subtitled file. I do not want to transcribe twice or go back to insert the codes. So I need an all in one.

Most awesome would be if the software can capture streaming media, like a Google hangout, so that I can transcribe while recording. I would want to be able to save the video at the same time... A hangout can be hours long.

Thanks for your participation.
Collapse

Akiko A
Akiko A
Canada
Local time: 07:07
English to Japanese
This may work for you.. Jan 4, 2014

You could make a word file by opening your subtitle file in word. At least it worked my srt file in MS word.

You could also try Amara.org for working on your transcription. I’m not sure if they capture streaming media though, just give you a try.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows platform transcription and subtitling software?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »