Please Advise! What is price for translating movie subtitles to Arabic?
Thread poster: ilre
ilre
ilre
United Arab Emirates
Feb 18, 2015

Hello friends

I have met a distribution company of Indian movies in Dubai. They have Indian movies (which shows in cinemas) translated already in Arabic but the translation is too bad.

They want me to Audit the translation of each movie.

1- How much should i charge them for audit?
2- if they ask me to translate the subtitles from the beginning (no coding only translating the subtitles) then how much i should charge per movie ( normally 120 minutes) ?
... See more
Hello friends

I have met a distribution company of Indian movies in Dubai. They have Indian movies (which shows in cinemas) translated already in Arabic but the translation is too bad.

They want me to Audit the translation of each movie.

1- How much should i charge them for audit?
2- if they ask me to translate the subtitles from the beginning (no coding only translating the subtitles) then how much i should charge per movie ( normally 120 minutes) ?

i really have no idea about the prices in market?
Can you help me?
Collapse

Michal Fabian
Michal Fabian  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:32
Dutch to Slovak
+ ...
. Feb 18, 2015

Whatever your work is worth. There's no other answer, really. Why should the 'average' or 'what others charge' matter after all?

ilre
ilre
United Arab Emirates
TOPIC STARTER
Can you please explain? Feb 18, 2015

Michal Fabian wrote:

Whatever your work is worth. There's no other answer, really. Why should the 'average' or 'what others charge' matter after all?

I really could not understand your comment. Can you please explain?

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:32
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Feb 19, 2015

Hi Ilre,

I asked a colleague of mine, a professional interlingual subtitler into Arabic, to help you with the rates, and here is what he had to say:

Hi Max

I'd be happy to help.

Pricing for translation and subtitling differs from one market to another. It also depends on the nature of the job (legal, medical, general, etc.)

In the UAE, subtitling to Arabic ranges between AED 100-140 (~USD 27-38) per minute of video. For transl
... See more
Hi Ilre,

I asked a colleague of mine, a professional interlingual subtitler into Arabic, to help you with the rates, and here is what he had to say:

Hi Max

I'd be happy to help.

Pricing for translation and subtitling differs from one market to another. It also depends on the nature of the job (legal, medical, general, etc.)

In the UAE, subtitling to Arabic ranges between AED 100-140 (~USD 27-38) per minute of video. For translation, a page of 200-250 words ranges between AED 80-120 (~USD 22-33) and in some cases more.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Mohamed
Collapse

ilre
ilre
United Arab Emirates
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Feb 19, 2015

Max Deryagin wrote:

Hi Ilre,

Hi Max

I'd be happy to help.

In the UAE, subtitling to Arabic ranges between AED 100-140 (~USD 27-38) per minute of video. For translation, a page of 200-250 words ranges between AED 80-120 (~USD 22-33) and in some cases more.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Mohamed

Thanks a lot dear .. Now I have some idea about how to price ..
God bless you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please Advise! What is price for translating movie subtitles to Arabic?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »