Does anyone have experience with Jubler subtitling software?
Thread poster: Sarah Raymond
Sarah Raymond
Sarah Raymond
Canada
Local time: 06:10
French to English
Feb 23, 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where it should go.

Has anyone used (or tried to use) Jubler subtitling software? If so, would you mind answering a few survey questions relating to your experience?

I am not affiliated with the software in any way. Me and a small group of people are writing user assistance documentation for it as part of a technical writing course and we'd like to get some data on people
... See more
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where it should go.

Has anyone used (or tried to use) Jubler subtitling software? If so, would you mind answering a few survey questions relating to your experience?

I am not affiliated with the software in any way. Me and a small group of people are writing user assistance documentation for it as part of a technical writing course and we'd like to get some data on people who have used the product so we can make the documentation more relevant to users, both current and future.

Any collected data would only be used for this project, and wouldn't include any sensitive personal information. The survey questions would be something along the lines of "Did any aspect of the software's interface cause problems? If so, what sort of problems? How did you overcome these problems?"

If you tried to use Jubler and gave up, we'd love to hear from you, too. Knowing why and where people have difficulties will help us make the documentation better.

Thank you very much for reading, and thank you in advance for any responses.
Collapse

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:10
Member (2013)
English to Russian
Nope Feb 24, 2015

Sarah Raymond wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am not affiliated with the software in any way. Me and a small group of people are writing user assistance documentation for it as part of a technical writing course and we'd like to get some data on people who have used the product so we can make the documentation more relevant to users, both current and future.

Any collected data would only be used for this project, and wouldn't include any sensitive personal information. The survey questions would be something along the lines of "Did any aspect of the software's interface cause problems? If so, what sort of problems? How did you overcome these problems?"

If you tried to use Jubler and gave up, we'd love to hear from you, too. Knowing why and where people have difficulties will help us make the documentation better.

Thank you very much for reading, and thank you in advance for any responses.

Hi Sarah,

This is the right place for your post

I have never used Jubler, so I can't help you with the survey. I hope other forum-goers give you a hand.

sakisbrum
sakisbrum
United Kingdom
Jubler not working Sep 17, 2015

Hi,
I'm posting this to ask you what to do to fix the problem with Jubler.
I don't know how to start. When I press the button `Test Subtitles from Current Position` a dialog box appears with the message:

Movie Player Error
Abnormal Player Exit
Unable to initialize `MPlayer`
Please make sure `MPlayer` path is properly defined under `Preferences`

Thanks in advance,
Sakis

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:10
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Sep 17, 2015

sakisbrum wrote:

Hi,
I'm posting this to ask you what to do to fix the problem with Jubler.
I don't know how to start. When I press the button `Test Subtitles from Current Position` a dialog box appears with the message:

Movie Player Error
Abnormal Player Exit
Unable to initialize `MPlayer`
Please make sure `MPlayer` path is properly defined under `Preferences`

Thanks in advance,
Sakis

Hi Sakis,

To test your subs in Jubler, you need MPlayer installed on your system (SMPlayer for Windows). Furthermore, you need to define the path to MPlayer's executable file in Preferences. This dialog box says that you either don't have the program installed or didn't define the path.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have experience with Jubler subtitling software?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »