Subtitle Workshop won't display all subtitles on the video
Thread poster: KatV
KatV
KatV
Finland
Local time: 11:01
Nov 7, 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to use Subtitle Workshop to translate and add subtitles to a film. I've used the program before without any problems, but now some of the subtitles won't appear on the video. The first 48 lines appear normally. After that nothing shows on the video. All the translations do show on the text fields below, however. The timings are also there, because when you double-click on the text, it goes to the part of the video where it is supposed to show. But it doesn't.
... See more
Hello,

I'm trying to use Subtitle Workshop to translate and add subtitles to a film. I've used the program before without any problems, but now some of the subtitles won't appear on the video. The first 48 lines appear normally. After that nothing shows on the video. All the translations do show on the text fields below, however. The timings are also there, because when you double-click on the text, it goes to the part of the video where it is supposed to show. But it doesn't.
Can anyone tell me what happened all of a sudden in the middle of my project and how this can be fixed?
Thank you for your help!
Collapse

Giada Riva
Giada Riva  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:01
Member (2019)
English to Italian
+ ...
same here Mar 29, 2019

KatV wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what happened all of a sudden in the middle of my project and how this can be fixed?
Thank you for your help!

I've had the same issue with SW 2.51. Out of 850 lines just the first one is showing, but when I double-click the other lines, it show the part of the video where the text is supposed to be, so no timing errors. It's an .srt file, and it works with a video player, but not on SW. I've been using this program for years, it's the first time I have encountered this kind of issue. I've googled it, no info on it at all.
Anyone has an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2019-03-29 13:42 GMT]

KatV
KatV
Finland
Local time: 11:01
TOPIC STARTER
Timings on all the lines Mar 31, 2019

Giada Riva wrote:

KatV wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

I've had the same issue with SW 2.51. Out of 850 lines just the first one is showing, but when I double-click the other lines, it show the part of the video where the text is supposed to be, so no timing errors. It's an .srt file, and it works with a video player, but not on SW. I've been using this program for years, it's the first time I have encountered this kind of issue. I've googled it, no info on it at all.

Thanks.

Hi!
I eventually turned to the person who gave me the AV translation course back in the day, and she said it may be because there were also lines that had not been timed, yet. Then even the lines that do have timings don't show until the rest have been timed, too. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I'll mention it just in case.

FZA
safa outerqiss

Giada Riva
Giada Riva  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2019)
English to Italian
+ ...
Indeed May 8, 2019

KatV wrote:

Giada Riva wrote:

KatV wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Thanks.

Hi!
I eventually turned to the person who gave me the AV translation course back in the day, and she said it may be because there were also lines that had not been timed, yet. Then even the lines that do have timings don't show until the rest have been timed, too. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I'll mention it just in case.

I forgot to update this post. It was, actually, thanks.
The last line, if I remeber correctly, was missing the exit timing so the rest weren't showing. So if anybody has this issue with SW, make sure all of your lines are timed and you should be able to fix it.

Anita Danielewska
Anita Danielewska
Spain
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
Time the last line Dec 18, 2019

I have encountered the same problem and it was solved by timing the first and the last subtitle. I hope this works for those who have had the same issue.

Gabriel Coïmbra

safa outerqiss
safa outerqiss
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you Oct 25, 2020

"Hi!
I eventually turned to the person who gave me the AV translation course back in the day, and she said it may be because there were also lines that had not been timed, yet. Then even the lines that do have timings don't show until the rest have been timed, too. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I'll mention it just in case."
This actually worked, I finished timing the upcoming lines then the problem was fixed.
Thank you,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle Workshop won't display all subtitles on the video

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »