Christopher Smith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:56
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2018

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to register with Sacem in order to access royalties from subtitling projects. Their website is a bit of a maze, so I was wondering if any of you have already successfully registered and could spare some time to answer some questions via DM.

Thanking you in advance,

Chris

Michel Virasolvy
Michel Virasolvy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:56
English to French
+ ...
Same case, for future reference Nov 22, 2018

As a matter of fact, Chris, my last meeting with the ATAA highlighted the need for me to also register as an author with the SACEM (I usually handle B2B subtitling projects for devs and IT people but I stumbled upon DVDs and a couple of series for general public) so I think any help with you might get here will come in handy with me too when I'm back home.

To register, from what I gathered by phone, you have to submit some form by mail (not email, real, actual mail) to their office
... See more
As a matter of fact, Chris, my last meeting with the ATAA highlighted the need for me to also register as an author with the SACEM (I usually handle B2B subtitling projects for devs and IT people but I stumbled upon DVDs and a couple of series for general public) so I think any help with you might get here will come in handy with me too when I'm back home.

To register, from what I gathered by phone, you have to submit some form by mail (not email, real, actual mail) to their office attached with a definite proof that your work was used and marketed, for instance a scan of that DVD you subbed + your paperprint copy of the subs (with timecodes and stuff) + the contract you and the subtitling lab agreed upon. It takes around 12 days to register you as an author, assuming it's all good. Now, I'd rather a registered author to confirm or detail the process so take all of this with a big pinch of salt.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sacem: Requesting help with registration process

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »