Mac version of Aegisub - missing functions?
Thread poster: Luke Peters
Luke Peters
Luke Peters  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

Hi

I've been using Aegisub for three or four projects now, but I cannot for the life of me find any way to set the CPL or see the CPS. This whole area seems to be missing from the Mac version. I can't complain about free software too much, but really this seems essential for subtitling. I am currently having to manually count characters and this is very tedious....

I have searched through the whole program and can honestly find nothing like this. The legendary CPS box
... See more
Hi

I've been using Aegisub for three or four projects now, but I cannot for the life of me find any way to set the CPL or see the CPS. This whole area seems to be missing from the Mac version. I can't complain about free software too much, but really this seems essential for subtitling. I am currently having to manually count characters and this is very tedious....

I have searched through the whole program and can honestly find nothing like this. The legendary CPS box at top right is not there at all.
Thanks if you can help.
Collapse

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 23:37
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
There it is... Mar 14, 2019

Hi Luke,

Please click on "Hammer & Wrench" icon on toolbar. Then click Interface. You can set CPS and CPL counts.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 15.34.21

Sarper Aman
Türkiye
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Or... Mar 14, 2019

Preferences.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 15.38.44

Luke Peters
Luke Peters  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 14, 2019

Thanks Alper

Actually what happened is my version did not have the Interface preference tab. I have however found an update on the aegisub site (3.2.1) which does! Hooray! Thanks a lto.

Sarper Aman
Türkiye
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Great! You're welcome. Mar 14, 2019

Luke Peters wrote:

Thanks Alper

Actually what happened is my version did not have the Interface preference tab. I have however found an update on the aegisub site (3.2.1) which does! Hooray! Thanks a lto.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac version of Aegisub - missing functions?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »