Thread poster: Markella Makri
Markella Makri
Markella Makri
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 1, 2019

Hi!

Does anybody know the rates in subtitling from English to Greek per minute and per word in USD?

I am only aware for Greek rates (that sucks big time)

I tried to find out but... Greek is a rare language in subtitling...

Thank you all in advance for your answers.
Markella

[Edited at 2019-07-01 14:29 GMT]

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU
NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU

Local time: 22:42
Greek to English
+ ...
Very low rates Feb 12, 2020

Markella Makri wrote:

Hi!

Does anybody know the rates in subtitling from English to Greek per minute and per word in USD?

Markella

Hi,

I get paid 0,60 per minute. I only work with templates.

Thao Nguyen
Thao Nguyen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:42
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
That is less than peanuts Feb 12, 2020

A fair rate would be at least 7EUR per minute video. I have never seen such a low rate. You should ditch the company really. That is really unethical. it usually takes me 3-5 times the length of a video depending on what you're subtitling (there is lots of speaking in documentaries for example). Let's say 1 minute video takes you 5 minutes to subtitle. In an hour, you can only 12 minutes video and you get paid 7.2USD and that is less than the average wage here in the UK. I don't know now you can... See more
A fair rate would be at least 7EUR per minute video. I have never seen such a low rate. You should ditch the company really. That is really unethical. it usually takes me 3-5 times the length of a video depending on what you're subtitling (there is lots of speaking in documentaries for example). Let's say 1 minute video takes you 5 minutes to subtitle. In an hour, you can only 12 minutes video and you get paid 7.2USD and that is less than the average wage here in the UK. I don't know now you can live on doing this. Sorry for being harsh.

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU wrote:

Markella Makri wrote:

Hi!

Markella

Hi,

I get paid 0,60 per minute. I only work with templates.

[Edited at 2020-02-12 20:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Rates from English to Greek

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »