Aegisub - Correct workflow when importing a text file
Thread poster: Stengrund
Stengrund
Stengrund
Colombia
Jul 6, 2020

Hello, I am new with Aegisub. Could someone help me with this?

I have imported a list of subtitles/lines (that I previously translated and saved as a text file), and by doing this, each title automatically gets zero as both start and end times.

Then I time the first line, then the next etc.

But the thing is, each time I Commit to a line by pressing Enter (or G or clicking green checkmark button), it takes me to the next line, which automatically jumps the v
... See more
Hello, I am new with Aegisub. Could someone help me with this?

I have imported a list of subtitles/lines (that I previously translated and saved as a text file), and by doing this, each title automatically gets zero as both start and end times.

Then I time the first line, then the next etc.

But the thing is, each time I Commit to a line by pressing Enter (or G or clicking green checkmark button), it takes me to the next line, which automatically jumps the video and audio to zero (since, as I mentioned, all lines got zero as start and end points when imported). But, obviously I don't want to go to zero when I am working on the next line... That is so annoying, is there a way to avoid this? So that the video doesn't jump to the start point of any subtitle without me telling it to do so.

Also, is there a way that the next line would just default its start to where the previous line ended (when I press Enter)?

I also welcome tips for any good beginner's tutorial on Aegisub.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Aegisub - Correct workflow when importing a text file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »