Software for Mac
Thread poster: Beatriz Rodrigues
Beatriz Rodrigues
Beatriz Rodrigues
Switzerland
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 14, 2020

What is the best subtitle software for Mac (free or not) that supports all formats? The client asked me to send the subtitles in .pac format so I thought Eztitles and SubtitleNext were the best options for me since i can convert them in that rather rare format but apparently they don't work on macs.

Thank you for your help!

Meriadec Perrin
Meriadec Perrin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:08
English to French
+ ...
Annotation Edit Aug 14, 2020

Hello,

To my knowledge, the only professional subtitle software for Mac is Annotation Edit. It does export your work as Screen PAC (among many other pro formats). It's not free, though.

http://www.zeitanker.com/content/tools/zeitanker_tools/zeitanker_annotation_edit/

Beatriz Rodrigues
Beatriz Rodrigues
Switzerland
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't export Aug 14, 2020

Meriadec Perrin wrote:

Hello,

To my knowledge, the only professional subtitle software for Mac is Annotation Edit. It does export your work as Screen PAC (among many other pro formats). It's not free, though.

http://www.zeitanker.com/content/tools/zeitanker_tools/zeitanker_annotation_edit/

It can import pac but not export :/

Thank you for your help!

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:08
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ooona Aug 15, 2020

Ooona is a professional subtitle editor for both Mac and Windows and supports 40+ formats including .PAC. Requires subscription, monthly or 12 month.

Beatriz Rodrigues
Beatriz Rodrigues
Switzerland
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Which product? Aug 15, 2020

Sarper Aman wrote:

Ooona is a professional subtitle editor for both Mac and Windows and supports 40+ formats including .PAC. Requires subscription, monthly or 12 month.

Thank you! But which product should I buy to be able to create subtitles and export them to pac? All in one?
Will Translate Pro do the job or must I buy two separate products to convert them to .pac in the end?

Meriadec Perrin
Meriadec Perrin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:08
English to French
+ ...
it can export ;-) Aug 16, 2020

Beatriz Rodrigues wrote:

Meriadec Perrin wrote:

Hello,

It can import pac but not export :/

Thank you for your help!

I own the software, and I not only checked that the format was listed in the "export" menu, but before posting here, I did export a previous work into Screen PAC, and it worked without problem.

Maybe you looked on the website, instead of downloading a trial version and trying yourself?

Indeed it is not listed on the "formats" page (they seem to have forgotten to update it), but it is listed on the "features" page, where it says:
"Export to Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Avid, standard exchange formats: STL EBU binary latin, STL EBU Arte N19, PAC, QuickTime Text (full unicode support), Windows and Linux subtitle format: SubRip, batch lists (Final Cut Pro, Avid ALE), RTF with timecode and many more."

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:08
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Translate Pro Aug 17, 2020

Beatriz Rodrigues wrote:

Sarper Aman wrote:

Thank you! But which product should I buy to be able to create subtitles and export them to pac? All in one?
Will Translate Pro do the job or must I buy two separate products to convert them to .pac in the end?

Translate Pro would do the job. You can free trial for 7-10 days and export 20-25 subtitles.

[Edited at 2020-08-17 13:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for Mac

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »