Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How to become a movie, documentaries and cartoons translator
Thread poster: Alessia Scipione
Massimo Spiga
Massimo Spiga
Local time: 13:56
Fear the masterfile Feb 18, 2011

Hello,

I am an italian translator with a lot of work experience in various media, such as books, comics and videogames. Recently, I have been wondering about a possible job in the movie industry. Could you suggest me a couple of companies, based in the UK, I could contact?
I am fairly ignorant about the english "scene" in this regard and the usual job search engines are not really helpful for this task, being flooded by corporate zombie careers ("become an italian-speaking tel
... See more
Hello,

I am an italian translator with a lot of work experience in various media, such as books, comics and videogames. Recently, I have been wondering about a possible job in the movie industry. Could you suggest me a couple of companies, based in the UK, I could contact?
I am fairly ignorant about the english "scene" in this regard and the usual job search engines are not really helpful for this task, being flooded by corporate zombie careers ("become an italian-speaking telemarketer!").

Thanks!
Massimo

P.S. About subtitling: let me tell you, you will discover the true depths of hell when you put your hands on a videogame masterfile. They just seem specifically tailored to blow your brains, mainly due to the Kakfaesque series of constraints they put on the translators' creative skills (plus, they're HUGE). But they're fun. Fun and painful.
Collapse

Cristina Grassi
Cristina Grassi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:56
English to Italian
+ ...
Did you become a movie translator? Nov 8, 2018

Alessia Scipione wrote:

Hi

My dream since I were a little child was to become a movie translator. Does any of you know How to do it? and Who shall I apply to?

Hello Alessia,

I found your post while looking for information on how to specialize in subtitling. I was wondering if you managed to make your dream come true and how you did it.

Have a great day,

Cristina

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to become a movie, documentaries and cartoons translator

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »