Can I run Update main translation memory for files opened in reviewing window in Studio 2021?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:13
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 8, 2021

I am reviewing a large MTPE project, and the files have been edited by another editor. Now I am reviewing this editor's changes.

The way I work is that I first change segment status for all segments to Not translated. Then I review row by row, and change segment status to Translated as I edit each segment. I have a shortcut for changing status to Translated, so it's really straightforward.

When done (of after I have edited thousands segments or so), can I close the mu
... See more
I am reviewing a large MTPE project, and the files have been edited by another editor. Now I am reviewing this editor's changes.

The way I work is that I first change segment status for all segments to Not translated. Then I review row by row, and change segment status to Translated as I edit each segment. I have a shortcut for changing status to Translated, so it's really straightforward.

When done (of after I have edited thousands segments or so), can I close the multiple files in the editor window and run the batch task Update main translation memory to get my segments I've set as Translated into the translation memory? It worked fine when I had the multiple files opened for translation, but will it work when I had the multiple files opened for reviewing also?
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You can open the translation in "Open for Review" mode May 9, 2021

After opening the translation in "Open for Review" mode (mark all the files, right click and choose the option from the pop-up), you simply confirm every segment.

This is the way I work.

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Does this info help? May 9, 2021

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/27281/is-there-any-way-to-edit-a-translation-memory-using-track-changes

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Confirm all segments in Editor window doesn't always work May 9, 2021

Hi Yossi,

I think I tried that in the beginning of this project, back in February, but chose the method of running a batch task instead for updating the main translation memory. The reason was that it took extremely long time due to the large batch size to update by confirming all segments at once. Running a batch tasks is very quick, doesn't take long time at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I run Update main translation memory for files opened in reviewing window in Studio 2021?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »