Restrict Transit user access to projects/restrict projects displayed in 'Project brower' per user
Thread poster: Steveling2
Steveling2
Steveling2
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:24
German to English
Oct 4, 2018

Transit NXT v 4.0 SP10 build 1754.2

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can specifiy which projects a user sees in the 'Project browser' window? Or at least whether you can restrict access to projects via a Transit setting? Note that I don't mean remove access permissions in Windows – you can deny access to a project folder in Windows, but then Transit will complain that the working folder for project X is missing and offer to recreate it.

I can use the 'User
... See more
Transit NXT v 4.0 SP10 build 1754.2

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can specifiy which projects a user sees in the 'Project browser' window? Or at least whether you can restrict access to projects via a Transit setting? Note that I don't mean remove access permissions in Windows – you can deny access to a project folder in Windows, but then Transit will complain that the working folder for project X is missing and offer to recreate it.

I can use the 'User roles' tool to restrict what translators can do/change/delete/etc. in Transit, but this doesn't affect what they see in the 'Project browser' window.

Thanks.
Collapse

User scope? Oct 5, 2018

Hi,

when creating a project, you can select its scope. If you use "user" scope, each user will see only "his" projects.

Best regards,

O.N.

Steveling2
Steveling2
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:24
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
User scope works (with limitations) for new projects Oct 8, 2018

Hi Oiseau noir,

Thanks for your reply. Setting the user scope in a new project does hide the project from other users, but you cannot define the User, i.e. the User field is preset to my user and is uneditable. This means such a project is also hidden from a checker, for example, and you can't 'assign' a project to another user, only to yourself.

I've played around a bit with this, but I don't think there is a functionality that will do what we want. To be fair though,
... See more
Hi Oiseau noir,

Thanks for your reply. Setting the user scope in a new project does hide the project from other users, but you cannot define the User, i.e. the User field is preset to my user and is uneditable. This means such a project is also hidden from a checker, for example, and you can't 'assign' a project to another user, only to yourself.

I've played around a bit with this, but I don't think there is a functionality that will do what we want. To be fair though, the company has been happily using Transit for years without such functionality, so it's not a big problem.

Steveling2
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restrict Transit user access to projects/restrict projects displayed in 'Project brower' per user

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »