Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:34
Chinese to German
+ ...
Jan 15, 2019

Hi,

I have a customer who uses the Wordpress WPML plugin to set up a multilingual website. He sent me xliff files of his website to translate. Obviously, the xliff export of Wordpress/WPML is basically rubbish, so all text including all xml tags are inserted in one segment, and the tags are not protected.

Is there anything I can do at least mark the tags to better see the text to be translated?

Any hints or suggestions would be welcome!

TIA
... See more
Hi,

I have a customer who uses the Wordpress WPML plugin to set up a multilingual website. He sent me xliff files of his website to translate. Obviously, the xliff export of Wordpress/WPML is basically rubbish, so all text including all xml tags are inserted in one segment, and the tags are not protected.

Is there anything I can do at least mark the tags to better see the text to be translated?

Any hints or suggestions would be welcome!

TIA
Iris
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:34
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Iris Jan 15, 2019

Iris Kleinophorst wrote:
The XLIFF export of Wordpress/WPML is basically rubbish -- all text including all XML tags are inserted in one segment, and the tags are not protected.

Which version of Transit do you have?

Do you usually translate XLIFF files in Transit?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of xliff files from Wordpress WPML

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »