Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Two mouse pointers?
Thread poster: Kevin Fulton
2 mouse pointers. I 've always had two on this machine Jun 10, 2011

Kevin Fulton wrote:

I recently upgraded my computer and since the video card has dual outputs, I decided to keep my old monitor in addition to the new LCD device in order to take advantage of the "extended desktop" available under Windows XP Pro. It's certainly convenient having my work on one monitor and reference docs on the other, but having only one mouse pointer for scrolling / working is less than optimal. Plugging in a second mouse doesn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know of a utility/hack that will allow me to use 2 mice at the same time? Elsewhere someone suggested networking 2 computers, but space is very limited, and I'd rather not do that if possible.

All suggestions welcome.
Thanks, Kevin

kooswillem
kooswillem
Dutch to English
Settlers II can do it even in DosBox Nov 28, 2011

A game for DOS, Settlers II used supported two mouses, so it is possible, but maybe not under Windows?

It's seems to work in DosBOx:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=117579

Left Mouse M1 & M2 - right mouse movements Jul 8, 2012

Hi Just to add in a new direction. I have used 2 mice on one PC. One was wireless and the other USB - it was by accident when switching over to my docking station.

I am however now looking to run 2 mice from the same wireless or Bluetooth module. I am 72 and have Arthritis in my Mouse finger! I need to be able to 'steer' with my right hand but use the left hand for M1/M2.

Any additionaladvice to the above would be useful. I have XP Home on my laptop and W7 64bit on my D
... See more
Hi Just to add in a new direction. I have used 2 mice on one PC. One was wireless and the other USB - it was by accident when switching over to my docking station.

I am however now looking to run 2 mice from the same wireless or Bluetooth module. I am 72 and have Arthritis in my Mouse finger! I need to be able to 'steer' with my right hand but use the left hand for M1/M2.

Any additionaladvice to the above would be useful. I have XP Home on my laptop and W7 64bit on my Desktop. Any alternative ideas would also be appreciated.

Thanks - newbee to the forum.
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 06:56
English to German
Two mice for one screen Jul 9, 2012

seero wrote:

to run 2 mice from the same wireless or Bluetooth module

This might be difficult, because with Bluetooth there is a "Inital Pairing Procedure", that marries a Bluetooth device to "its" PC. Otherwise this Bluetooth device could unintentionally communicate with any other PC in the neighbourhood. Regarding this pairing: User Manual? Windows Help?

But you can easily connect 2 USB mice. If you don't have 2 free USB sockets, just buy a so-called "USB hub".

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Exactly Jul 9, 2012

Rolf Keller wrote:

seero wrote:

to run 2 mice from the same wireless or Bluetooth module

This might be difficult, because with Bluetooth there is a "Inital Pairing Procedure", that marries a Bluetooth device to "its" PC. Otherwise this Bluetooth device could unintentionally communicate with any other PC in the neighbourhood. Regarding this pairing: User Manual? Windows Help?

But you can easily connect 2 USB mice. If you don't have 2 free USB sockets, just buy a so-called "USB hub".

If you just want to move the mouse with your right hand and click with your left, you don't need or want two mouse pointers on the screen, you simply need two mice controlling the same mouse pointer. That's exactly what you get when you connect two mice via bluetooth, USB or PS/2. Just buy a second mouse for 3 EUR/GBP/USD and you're done.

realiser
realiser
Norway
Revive this... any new tools to aquire two independently controlled mice? Oct 31, 2014

Hi

I am trying to revive this discussion. I have been looking for a way to have two independently controlled mice on one workstation (with dual monitors) for some time now. I have tried out/tried to find the following:

pluralinput - I do get two mice, but doesn't work well. Can only click on a few things, most clicks are ignored
teamplayer - Works quite well, only that when you click and slide, the slider speeds away
cpnmouse (not compatible with >win7)
... See more
Hi

I am trying to revive this discussion. I have been looking for a way to have two independently controlled mice on one workstation (with dual monitors) for some time now. I have tried out/tried to find the following:

pluralinput - I do get two mice, but doesn't work well. Can only click on a few things, most clicks are ignored
teamplayer - Works quite well, only that when you click and slide, the slider speeds away
cpnmouse (not compatible with >win7)
dualmouse (seems like it is not active or available anymore)
multimouse - needs another computer to add the pointer

and a couple of others that I don't remember. None of these work very well, I suspect some of the reason is that I have 64 bit windows.

Anyhow, it seems like people get outraged over the idea of having two independent mice (not only in this discussion, but as a general trend over internet forums), so therefore I will explain why I need two mice on the same computer:

When working with music, you are often more then one person in the process. With several monitors you can split the program into f.x. sequencer+miditrack and mixer view. With two mice, one person could do arrangements in the sequencer, and at the same time another person could add effects and adjust the mixing properties of the project. Very practical.

So in that context two different mice are needed. It seems from how windows is built that it might be easier to allow two mice inside a program then globaly over the OS. This is acceptable in this context, that one mouse is confined within the program, and the master mouse is available all over the OS.

Any suggestion or updates for how to do it and what to use? I think dual mose and keyboard looks promising, but it is not available anywhere. Is there a legacy version that might work in win7?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two mouse pointers?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »