Paula Dlp
Paula Dlp
Australia
Local time: 07:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 27, 2020

Hi everyone,
Every time I close WF in my Mac, it takes quite a few restarts for it to open again. This has been something that has been happening for quite a while, and I'm wondering:
1. If anyone has any suggestions on how to "fix" this or prevent this other than not closing the program.
2. Will Wordfast *ever* address this issue than that acknowledging its existence?
Thanks for your help!

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:56
English to German
+ ...
WFP5 not starting on Mac Jul 27, 2020

Paula Dlp wrote:

Hi everyone,
Every time I close WF in my Mac, it takes quite a few restarts for it to open again. This has been something that has been happening for quite a while, and I'm wondering:
1. If anyone has any suggestions on how to "fix" this or prevent this other than not closing the program.
2. Will Wordfast *ever* address this issue than that acknowledging its existence?
Thanks for your help!

Hi Paula
many of us had this bug but I think it has been solved as it does not happen anymore with the most recent updates. I have v 5.16.1.

Philippe Locquet

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:56
Member (2006)
French to English
Use the beta Jul 28, 2020

Hello,
Developers have been working on a solution to the crashing issue Mac users experience when opening and closing the application. They created a proof of concept (POC) for 5.13 that I used without any problems for the several months, then a 5.15 POC, and have now released an updated POC for 5.16. It allows you to work in heavyweight browser mode (required for CJK) and fixes the crashing issue. If you want to try it, you can get the link to download it in the Facebook Group called Wor
... See more
Hello,
Developers have been working on a solution to the crashing issue Mac users experience when opening and closing the application. They created a proof of concept (POC) for 5.13 that I used without any problems for the several months, then a 5.15 POC, and have now released an updated POC for 5.16. It allows you to work in heavyweight browser mode (required for CJK) and fixes the crashing issue. If you want to try it, you can get the link to download it in the Facebook Group called Wordfast Users.
Please note, moving from 5.13 to 5.16.1 will require you to update TMs and glossaries. They are updated automatically when you add them to a project or open a project with them attached. If you downgrade to 5.13, you will have to revert to the "_backup" TMs or glossaries that are automatically created during the update procedure. Furthermore, if you are working with packages, make sure everyone in the workflow is using the same version (either 5.13 or 5.16.1). Moving from 5.15 to 5.16 should not affect TMs and glossaries.

[Edited at 2020-07-28 06:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-07-28 06:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-07-28 06:36 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro not starting in Mac

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »