Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Türkiye
Local time: 21:55
German to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 10, 2020

Hi folks,

as an "old school WFC fan", I've been using WFC 5.55y for years now. But since a recent upgrade to Windows 10, that specific build stopped working (anybody know a way to make it work again??)
So I moved to WFC 5.92n, which seems to work ok so far. However, in WFC 5.55 I could insert hard breaks in the target segment (during translation of longer sentences I usually break it down into segments, deal with them, then combine them and at the end I "ALT+down arrow" to the
... See more
Hi folks,

as an "old school WFC fan", I've been using WFC 5.55y for years now. But since a recent upgrade to Windows 10, that specific build stopped working (anybody know a way to make it work again??)
So I moved to WFC 5.92n, which seems to work ok so far. However, in WFC 5.55 I could insert hard breaks in the target segment (during translation of longer sentences I usually break it down into segments, deal with them, then combine them and at the end I "ALT+down arrow" to the next untranslated segment). This seems to be disabled now. I wonder, why this happens and how I can enable it again. Anybody have any ideas?

I tried this on Windows 10 64bit, on Word 2019 and also on my favorite Word XP - both a "no go" so far..

I'd appreciate any help (would be marvellous if I could use WFC 5.55y also on my new system)...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 5.92n preventing hard break in target segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »