MultiTerm 2009 - won't start
Thread poster: Markus Wahlgren
Markus Wahlgren
Markus Wahlgren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:16
English to Swedish
Jun 8, 2009

I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 and MultiTerm 2009. Studio works as it should, but MultiTerm 2009 never worked, neitehr the standalone app nor the Term recognition within SDL Studio editor.

When starting MultiTerm 2009 I get these 2 errors, and then it stops and crashes:

1)

Metoden hittades inte: System.DateTime Trados.Interop.MTTMO2.IEntry.get_LockedDate().

System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutr
... See more
I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 and MultiTerm 2009. Studio works as it should, but MultiTerm 2009 never worked, neitehr the standalone app nor the Term recognition within SDL Studio editor.

When starting MultiTerm 2009 I get these 2 errors, and then it stops and crashes:

1)

Metoden hittades inte: System.DateTime Trados.Interop.MTTMO2.IEntry.get_LockedDate().

System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor

SDL MultiTerm
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Service Pack 1
Markus-dator\Markus

2)

System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor

SDL MultiTerm
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Service Pack 1

Anyone with a clue?
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Uninstall and install again Jun 8, 2009

Unfortunately you seem to be victim of the same problems as I was.
What you need to do now (my experience) is to uninstall both Studio and Multiterm.
After you've done that, go to Start, chose "RUN" (or however it is in Vista) and put "assembly" there. Look for an entry callet Trados.Interop.MTTMO2". Right click this entry and uninstall it. Now reinstall Studio and Multiterm (in this order). That worked for me - however on Win XP. Nevertheless, I stringly suppose this will not be muc
... See more
Unfortunately you seem to be victim of the same problems as I was.
What you need to do now (my experience) is to uninstall both Studio and Multiterm.
After you've done that, go to Start, chose "RUN" (or however it is in Vista) and put "assembly" there. Look for an entry callet Trados.Interop.MTTMO2". Right click this entry and uninstall it. Now reinstall Studio and Multiterm (in this order). That worked for me - however on Win XP. Nevertheless, I stringly suppose this will not be much different on Vista. No need to say, that you must do all those tasks as Admin.

Best regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Markus Wahlgren
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Will try Jun 8, 2009

Thanks for your help, Jerzy! I will try that, but I think I'd better finish my current translation first if anything goes wrong. Will post here about the outcome later.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Jun 8, 2009

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry to hear this. However, we do have a workaround for you which should fix the problem. Please try the following:

Deleting the Trados.Interop.MTTMO2 assembly out of the Windows registry

1. Close all SDL Trados applications.

2. Click on START > Run...

3. Type “regedit” into the dialog box and click on OK

4. Go to the folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global
... See more
Hi Markus,

I'm sorry to hear this. However, we do have a workaround for you which should fix the problem. Please try the following:

Deleting the Trados.Interop.MTTMO2 assembly out of the Windows registry

1. Close all SDL Trados applications.

2. Click on START > Run...

3. Type “regedit” into the dialog box and click on OK

4. Go to the folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global

5. Search in the list on the right hand side for:
Trados.Interop.MTTMO2,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=4316ebe69d6f1d49"

6. When you found the registry key, highlight it and press delete or right-click on it and choose delete.

7. After you deleted this key manually close the Windows Registry Editor

Deleting the assembly out of the Global Assembly Cache

8. Click on START > Run...

9. Type assembly into the dialog box and click on OK

10. The C:\Windows\assembly window opens where you need to search in the list for:
Trados.Interop.MTTMO2

11. Right-click on Trados.Interop.MTTMO2 and choose Uninstall

12. A message asking if you really want to delete the assembly appears. Confirm the message by clicking OK

13. Close the C:\Windows\assembly window

Running SDL MultiTerm registration batch script

14. Go to C:\Program Files\Shared Documents\SDL\MultiTerm8

15. Double click on SelfRegister_Verbose.bat

16. Confirm all messages by clicking on OK

17. Try now to start SDL MultiTerm or open a termbase within SDL MultiTerm 2009 / SDL Trados Studio 2009.

I apologise, I understand that the resolution is quite long but we are working on an easier way to solve it.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Markus Wahlgren
Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 8, 2009

Thanks, I followed your instructions up until step 14,
because I have no "C:\Program Files\Shared Documents\SDL\MultiTerm8"
or similar, I searched in all SDL-folders I could find but no SelfRegister_Verbose.bat was found.

However, it seems to work anyway, so thanks for that! I'll post again if I run into problems for not running SelfRegister...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2009 - won't start

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »