Contest: Rate or vote for the best translations in the Hybrid phase.
Thread poster: Ana Moirano
Ana Moirano
Ana Moirano
Local time: 13:00
SITE STAFF
Jan 12

Movie Night 2

Hi all!
Hybrid phase is now open in the latest ProZ.com translation contest, Movie night. Source texts are available in English, Spanish and Norwegian.

Finals voting is open for a wave of language pairs in the current contest. Please help to determine the winning translations by voting for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in your language pair(s).

Other pairs are in the qualification phase. If you work in one of these pairs, please help determine which entries go to finals by rating them for Qualtiy and Accuracy. You can rate as many or as few entries as you like, every rating counts!

Submissions are still open for some pairs too, so don't delay!

Let's have fun while doing what we love: translating!

See the contest and vote/rate or submit your entry here: Movie night»

Happy translating,

Ana

ProZ.com

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Yikes! Jan 12

Ana Moirano wrote:
Other pairs are in the qualification phase. If you work in one of these pairs, please help determine which entries go to finals by rating them for Qualtiy and Accuracy. You can rate as many or as few entries as you like, every rating counts!

This is the first time (to my knowledge) that there has been a competition in one of my pairs, and I have to say I'm disappointed by the general standard.

"Qualtiy" says it all. Mistranslations, research failures and even checking errors abound. Worse still is the lack of imagination, the literal translations, the inconsistency of approach. To be fair, the source text is atrocious, so the translations were never going to be art. But even so.

A few entries are clearly from non-native speakers, and one is clearly AI or AI-enhanced, but overall I'm left feeling a bit down about the future of human translation if this is the best it has to offer. And I'd only just got over my meltdown last year about the machines taking over. Ah well...

Barbara Carrara
Arne Krueger
P.L.F. Persio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contest: Rate or vote for the best translations in the Hybrid phase.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »