Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:23
Polish to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2012

Informacja zamieszczona w wątku Translation news:

MPs cannot read 'badly translated' EU papers
The lower house of the German parliament, the Bundestag, sending dozens of European Union documents back to Brussels, slowing down crucial political work, because MPs can't make any sense of the translations.

According to a report in Tuesday's Saarbrücker Zeitung newspaper, the Bundestag has had to send over a hundred important EU documents back in this legislative per
... See more
Informacja zamieszczona w wątku Translation news:

MPs cannot read 'badly translated' EU papers
The lower house of the German parliament, the Bundestag, sending dozens of European Union documents back to Brussels, slowing down crucial political work, because MPs can't make any sense of the translations.

According to a report in Tuesday's Saarbrücker Zeitung newspaper, the Bundestag has had to send over a hundred important EU documents back in this legislative period alone, because its committee members could not work out what they were supposed to say.
The flawed translations have apparently slowed the work of the interior, finance, budgetary, economic, and defence committees in the German parliament. The paper also says that German versions of the documents are sometimes missing altogether.
http://www.thelocal.de/politics/20120612-43099.html
Collapse

Marta Maslowska
Marta Maslowska
Poland
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
Ciekawe, co to zmieni... Jun 13, 2012

Z doświadczenia:
Od przeszło 2 lat współpracuję przy projekcie tłumaczeniowym dla UE. Kiedy wczytuję się w to, co podpowiada mi unijna TM, ręce mi opadają i pozostaje mi tylko cytować co lepsze "perełki" w ramach anegdot opowiadanych znajomym tłumaczom.
Czasami też przeglądając Eur-Lex się zastanawiam, jak to możliwe, żeby tak wyglądały profesjonalne tłumaczenia ważnych dokumentów. I nie znalazłam jak dotąd na to dobrej odpowiedzi.

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Jeden z komentarzy pod artykułem Jun 13, 2012

German MPs, you're not meant to understand these documents in any language. They're only written for the people at the top who make the decisions. It's your job just agree to them.

Truer words...

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Jakie to jest "wieloaspektowe" Jun 13, 2012

A może trzeba zapytać, czy teksty oryginalne były zrozumiale napisane

Lucyna Długołęcka
Lucyna Długołęcka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
In memoriam
unijny bełkot Jun 13, 2012

Piotrze, w dyskusji też tę kwestię poruszono. Podoba mi się komentarz:

"I agree with Karl_Berlin. EU legislation documents are not written in English, the language is called "EU-Bureaucratish". Translation from one bureacratic language to another is a tricky thing...

Co więcej, kiedyś był artykuł w polskich mediach na temat jakości przekładu tekstów unijnych i tłumacze, broniąc się, twierdzili, że niejednokrotnie muszą stosować źle brzmiące sformułow
... See more
Piotrze, w dyskusji też tę kwestię poruszono. Podoba mi się komentarz:

"I agree with Karl_Berlin. EU legislation documents are not written in English, the language is called "EU-Bureaucratish". Translation from one bureacratic language to another is a tricky thing...

Co więcej, kiedyś był artykuł w polskich mediach na temat jakości przekładu tekstów unijnych i tłumacze, broniąc się, twierdzili, że niejednokrotnie muszą stosować źle brzmiące sformułowania, bo są one ujęte w obowiązujących ich wytycznych czy glosariuszach.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bundestag odrzuca tłumaczenia dokumentów z EU

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »