Trados suddenly only looking up one termbase (but several have been enabled)
Thread poster: suew
suew
suew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:08
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2020

I regularly select 3 file-based termbases (all stored on my PC) to use when I'm translating. Today, for no apparent reason, although I have selected my same standard 3 termbases, the program is only looking up the default termbase on my list. Does anyone know why?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:08
English to Russian
Did you check Oct 4, 2020

if the Lookup check boxes are selected for all 3 TMs?
If yes, then try to search for a segment that is unique for TM2 or TM3. Maybe you just see hits from TM1 because no hits are available for TM2 and TM3?

[Edited at 2020-10-04 15:58 GMT]

suew
suew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:08
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stepan Oct 4, 2020

Thanks for your comments, Stepan. All 3 lookup boxes were ticked. I still don't understand why only one termbase was being referenced - but I did the standard thing to do with all things to do with computers (I should have tried this first!), namely I shut down Trados and started up again, reselecting my 3 termbases - and now all of them are visible! Wishing you a pleasant rest of Sunday, Sue

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados suddenly only looking up one termbase (but several have been enabled)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »