Thread poster: Ahmad Qarabash
Ahmad Qarabash
Ahmad Qarabash
Syria
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 9, 2023

Hello everyone,

I am a translator living in Syria, and I am facing some challenges due to the economic sanctions imposed on my country. These sanctions have made it difficult for me to find work as a translator, and I am hoping to reach out to this community for some advice.

I have tried to find work on various freelance platforms, but many of them do not accept users from Syria due to the sanctions.

And working for agencies based in Syria is not really an
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am a translator living in Syria, and I am facing some challenges due to the economic sanctions imposed on my country. These sanctions have made it difficult for me to find work as a translator, and I am hoping to reach out to this community for some advice.

I have tried to find work on various freelance platforms, but many of them do not accept users from Syria due to the sanctions.

And working for agencies based in Syria is not really an option due to the extremely low pay.

If anyone knows of any freelance platforms or translation agencies that accept users from Syria, I would be very grateful. I am also open to any other suggestions or advice that anyone may have.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:30
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
E & D Apr 9, 2023

Ahmad Qarabash wrote:
If anyone knows of any freelance platforms or translation agencies that accept users from Syria, I would be very grateful.

There are many translation agencies in Egypt, and quite a few in Dubai. Are those available to work with you?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:30
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ahmad Apr 10, 2023

How will they pay you? As you know it’s impossible to send money to Syria…

[Edited at 2023-04-10 08:47 GMT]

Maria G. Grassi, MA AITI
Maria G. Grassi, MA AITI  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:30
English to Italian
+ ...
See other thread Apr 10, 2023

I don’t know if the information regarding payment methods shared in this thread can be helpful to you at all
https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/361583-bank_transfer_from_germany_to_russia.html

My best wishes to you.

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sanctions Apr 10, 2023

It might help to post this question on the Arabic-language forum here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/arabic-45.html

There are several translators from Syria on Proz, so try reaching out to these individuals as well.

If possible, try working with clients based in the Arab Gulf countries or other countries that do not impose sanctions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difficulties of working from Syria.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »