Meridian Translation Technologies / Jerusalem
Thread poster: Albert Golub
Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:02
English to French
Oct 21, 2001

I already posted a message asking for information about them. I sent them 3 e-mails during the three last weeks requiring payment for the 2900$ they owe me. They once thanked me for my hard work, called me Dear Albert, wishing all was well with me and so on. Two other proz colleagues wrote to me privately and they were extremely suspicious about them. If my experience can serve you, I guess that it can be a contribution to the whole community too (I answered a few kudoz questions and I could hav... See more
I already posted a message asking for information about them. I sent them 3 e-mails during the three last weeks requiring payment for the 2900$ they owe me. They once thanked me for my hard work, called me Dear Albert, wishing all was well with me and so on. Two other proz colleagues wrote to me privately and they were extremely suspicious about them. If my experience can serve you, I guess that it can be a contribution to the whole community too (I answered a few kudoz questions and I could have answered more if I hadn\'t been working like a dog for these obsequious and dishonest people)

Wish you all good luck and contact me for any information or reaction you would feel necessary (e-mail)

I\'m the only person responsible for this message

[email protected]
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Demand for retraction. Oct 21, 2001

Dear Albert,

You asked for information about Meridian.

I kindly supplied you with information.

Meridian and 20.000 translators know that I, in confidence, supplied you with information.

The information supplied by me did not in any way whatsoever express that I was \"extremely suspicious about them\", but reported in a factual way on the dealings I have had with the company, indicated a possible reason for wh
... See more
Dear Albert,

You asked for information about Meridian.

I kindly supplied you with information.

Meridian and 20.000 translators know that I, in confidence, supplied you with information.

The information supplied by me did not in any way whatsoever express that I was \"extremely suspicious about them\", but reported in a factual way on the dealings I have had with the company, indicated a possible reason for why you have not been paid and advised you on proper action to undertake to get paid.

You false statement on ProZ about what I told you, in confidence, is a disgrace. I demand a retraction.

Sven.

ProZ moderator.

Collapse

Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
This information was not based on Sven's message Oct 21, 2001

It came from my experience and three different messages from 3 other Proz colleagues. Last development, I received one hour after posting this message an e-mail from MTT. They said they would pay me by the end of this month and I hope that my three other colleagues will get paid too. MTT may be honest and have financial difficulties but that doesn\'t excuse the fact of not answering the e-mails sent by the translators who worked for them. If this comes from a misunderstanding, it didn\'t come fr... See more
It came from my experience and three different messages from 3 other Proz colleagues. Last development, I received one hour after posting this message an e-mail from MTT. They said they would pay me by the end of this month and I hope that my three other colleagues will get paid too. MTT may be honest and have financial difficulties but that doesn\'t excuse the fact of not answering the e-mails sent by the translators who worked for them. If this comes from a misunderstanding, it didn\'t come from me but from a dubious form of communication from MTT. Such things wouldn\'t happen if everybody played by the rules.

I am sorry if Sven thought I used him. Few people know me but the ones who do know that\'s not the way I behave.

Regards to all
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Meridian Translation Technologies / Jerusalem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »