Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Exporting my BigMama to Trados txt - how long???
Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:29
English to Hungarian
+ ...
best of luck Aug 30, 2008

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

FarkasAndras wrote:

That's a pretty ridiculous pace.
I take it you're using deja vu, right? How long would it take to import such a file?

Trados might have a faster import/export, but I am quite happy with the translation features of DVX, so I do not see any reason to switch.

... and I didn't mean that you should switch at all, I was just surprised that it takes so long with DVX compared to trados. As I said, it's just text and you have reasonably powerful hardware. Inefficient implementation I guess.

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:29
French to English
+ ...
Import first into the lexicon Sep 4, 2008

Kevin Lossner wrote:
I've been trying to get up the nerve to import that awful TM from the EU for months, but I'd have to plan to have the system tied up for a few days.

You could import it first into the Lexicon which is lightning fast in comparison (only taking a few minutes) and then send the lexicon to the TM which again only takes a short time.
Importing big TMs straight into a DVX MDB does indeed take an inordinate amount of time so there must be major flaw somewhere in the works. I believe Atril have identified the problem and are working on it.

David Turner

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting my BigMama to Trados txt - how long???

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »