Setting properties to files in subfolders (DV X2)
Thread poster: Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:36
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 28, 2011

I'm new to DV in general, and I've tried looking this up in the manual and figuring it out on my own, but I haven't been very successful so far. The situation is as follows:

I want to work on a large number of bilingual, presegmented files stored in subfolders. As far as I understand, I need to set the "Prevent segmentation" property to make them compatible with the original CAT tool. Is there a way to set the property to all of them at once? It's easy when all the files are in the
... See more
I'm new to DV in general, and I've tried looking this up in the manual and figuring it out on my own, but I haven't been very successful so far. The situation is as follows:

I want to work on a large number of bilingual, presegmented files stored in subfolders. As far as I understand, I need to set the "Prevent segmentation" property to make them compatible with the original CAT tool. Is there a way to set the property to all of them at once? It's easy when all the files are in the same folder, but what about many different subfolders? Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Default filter options Dec 28, 2011

You could modify the default options for that filter so that Segmentation is always prevented, and then add the files to the prpject and import them.

Adam Łobatiuk
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Lbenito Dec 28, 2011

Brilliant, thanks a lot!
Adam

Adam Łobatiuk
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Dec 29, 2011

Unfortunately, having made the changes in the filter settings (Prevent segmentation is displayed on the list of Default filters under Filter options for both Trados Workbench and TTX), the setting is not kept when adding files to a project. To make matters worse, DVX2 repeatedly crashes when trying to Import all, so I have to make settings to and import each file one by one. My version is 8.0.519.

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
. Dec 29, 2011

In that case send the project to [email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting properties to files in subfolders (DV X2)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »