Costs of using a broadband dongle to access online dictionaries
Thread poster: GregorSamsa
Lancashireman
Lancashireman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:44
German to English
FON Jul 28, 2010

I searched for unsecured wi-fi in Playa de Palma (Mallorca) and found a faint signal if I leaned precariously over the 12th floor balcony of my hotel. Australia and the Czech Republic are two countries where people don’t bother encrypting but users in Western Europe are much more possessive. BT have a good system for pooling wi-fi called FON. It works well in the UK and there are supposed to be reciprocal arrangements with France, Spain etc, bu... See more
I searched for unsecured wi-fi in Playa de Palma (Mallorca) and found a faint signal if I leaned precariously over the 12th floor balcony of my hotel. Australia and the Czech Republic are two countries where people don’t bother encrypting but users in Western Europe are much more possessive. BT have a good system for pooling wi-fi called FON. It works well in the UK and there are supposed to be reciprocal arrangements with France, Spain etc, but I have not had any success on recent visits: http://www.btfon.com/Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Costs of using a broadband dongle to access online dictionaries

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »