Broadband providers - France - Information please!
Thread poster: B D Finch
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:17
French to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2006

I shall very shortly be moving to France and should be extremely grateful for any advice about choosing a broadband ISP. I know that France Telecom do provide broadband but am a bit wary of them because of the problems I am having getting my French phoneline to work.

I shall be retaining my current domain name and e-mail address, but sadly have to leave my current ISP (Namesco) which only operates on BT lines. I had previous bad experiences with two other ISPs and don't want to re
... See more
I shall very shortly be moving to France and should be extremely grateful for any advice about choosing a broadband ISP. I know that France Telecom do provide broadband but am a bit wary of them because of the problems I am having getting my French phoneline to work.

I shall be retaining my current domain name and e-mail address, but sadly have to leave my current ISP (Namesco) which only operates on BT lines. I had previous bad experiences with two other ISPs and don't want to repeat that experience.

I need an ISP that will set up my connection quickly, that gives good support when I'm technologically challenged, has little or no down-time, can handle large files (i.e. has large and reliable server capacity) and is value for money. I would rather pay for good service than get mediocre service free.

I don't know whether it is acceptable to recommend or otherwise particular ISPs, but given discussions on CAT tools, it would seem reasonable so long as the information is factual.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Broadband providers - France - Information please!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »