Thread poster: Monicaj
Monicaj
Monicaj
Local time: 02:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 30, 2003

Dear all.

Does somebody know how to translate ppt files with WordFast. I've tried to follow the manual instructions, but with no results.

Thanks a lot,

Mónica

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:59
German to Portuguese
+ ...
PPT Files Jul 30, 2003

Hello Monica,
it is quite easy...open the ppt file and mark the first text box..don't put the cursor into the text box!!!!....open an empty word document and start translating (I guess you already have choosen you language pair and you TM)
Good luck
Natália

[Edited at 2003-07-30 20:17]

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Open PPT file first Jul 30, 2003

Hi Mónica,

as far as I can remember (I haven't translated a PPT file with WF in a while), you have to open the PPT file first. Then you should open Word and click on the WF button. WF will recognize that there is a PPT file opened.

Do not switch to PowerPoint, but remain in Word which should be opened with a blank page.
Just simply press Alt+Down as if you were translating text in a Word document.

What WF does is to extract a segment from PowerPoin
... See more
Hi Mónica,

as far as I can remember (I haven't translated a PPT file with WF in a while), you have to open the PPT file first. Then you should open Word and click on the WF button. WF will recognize that there is a PPT file opened.

Do not switch to PowerPoint, but remain in Word which should be opened with a blank page.
Just simply press Alt+Down as if you were translating text in a Word document.

What WF does is to extract a segment from PowerPoint and open it in Word. You just simply have to type your translation into the target box. WF will store all of your translation in this Word file, while it updates the PPT at the same time.

In case you need a break or want to continue to work on this translation some time later, just simply save this Word file.

HTH.

If this is not working for you, I suggest you take a look at the WF forum at Yahoo.

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Difficulties using Wordfast with PowerPoint Jul 30, 2003

I have WordFast v. 3.35i and have experienced difficulties with PowerPoint translation. It would keep changing the font and the color so I had to go back to the PowerPoint file to reedit it. It would be an extremely useful tool if it worked properly.

Monicaj
Monicaj
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 31, 2003

Thank you all!!!

I've followed your instructions and everything seems to work properly.
Nice tool by the way.

Mónica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Power Point files with WordFast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »