Thread poster: Jesús Calzado
Jesús Calzado
Jesús Calzado  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

Hi, colleagues,

I have a bothersome problem that I don't know when or why it arose from. In the application window of Word 2000, I cannot see the bottom line containing the document page references (Page 2/5) and other info, say:
Page 1 Sec. 1 1/4 Ln 1 || At 1" REC|TRK|EXT|OVR|WPH

Do you know what I refer to? I have Word 2000, Spanish version, but the examples I put are from Word 97, English version.

Any help would be much appreciate it. I tried
... See more
Hi, colleagues,

I have a bothersome problem that I don't know when or why it arose from. In the application window of Word 2000, I cannot see the bottom line containing the document page references (Page 2/5) and other info, say:

Do you know what I refer to? I have Word 2000, Spanish version, but the examples I put are from Word 97, English version.

Any help would be much appreciate it. I tried unsuccessfully all the options on Word.

Besides, do you know if I could install Word 97 on a PC already running with Word 2000 and use both versions? Thank you all.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
:-) Jul 24, 2003

In the application window of Word 2000, I cannot see the bottom line containing the document page references (Page 2/5) and other info, say:

Solution:
Tools --> Options --> View --> Show, check the 'Status bar' box

Besides, do you know if I could install Word 97 on a PC already running with Word 2000 and use both versions? Thank you all.

Yes, both Word versions can coexist in the same PC, just choose 'Custom' while installing and install to a different directory.

Jesús Calzado
Jesús Calzado  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thaaaaaank you Jul 25, 2003

Thanks, Natalie, I believe I tried all the items in the Tools/options menu, obviously I did not.

I love this site, because of the colleagues, of course!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with Word 2000 application window

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »