Elena Pérez
Elena Pérez  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 8, 2003

Hello,

I've been having problems changing the language in PowerPoint documents. I don't know why, but with some docs the option "Select all" does not seem to work (only the language of the current slide is changed). I have even tried selecting the language as "default", but with no results. The documents I'm working with are very long and have a lot of text boxes, so changing the language of every slide manually is very time-consuming. Does anybody know a macro or any other method f
... See more
Hello,

I've been having problems changing the language in PowerPoint documents. I don't know why, but with some docs the option "Select all" does not seem to work (only the language of the current slide is changed). I have even tried selecting the language as "default", but with no results. The documents I'm working with are very long and have a lot of text boxes, so changing the language of every slide manually is very time-consuming. Does anybody know a macro or any other method for making it automatically?

Thanks a lot.
Collapse

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 23:52
German to English
+ ...
Suggestion for spell checking Oct 8, 2003

Hi there,

I used to have the same problem but now use PDF files to spell check the files afterwards by copying them into Word.

This is also an excellent way to count words in PowerPoint, making sure that every single word is counted. See the following link for details on how to do both: http://www.proz.com/topic/13543

To do this you will need to have Acrobat Writer
... See more
Hi there,

I used to have the same problem but now use PDF files to spell check the files afterwards by copying them into Word.

This is also an excellent way to count words in PowerPoint, making sure that every single word is counted. See the following link for details on how to do both: http://www.proz.com/topic/13543

To do this you will need to have Acrobat Writer or some other means of generating PDF files. If not, it's definitely worth getting hold of it, as it saves you so much time in the long run.

Hope this helps

Ian
Collapse

Syed Nasim uz Zaman
Syed Nasim uz Zaman  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:22
English to Assamese
+ ...
How to use 'Select all' feature in PowerPoint Oct 8, 2003

As soon as read your problem I tried it myself to select all the content of a PowerPoint presentation and found out that it is in fact very easy to use 'select all' feature to copy and paste it to a word file.You can do it this way.Select view menu and select 'normal'.Bring cursor to the text side at the left hand and after selecting edit menu use 'Select all'.You will see all the content is selected.Copy and paste it to a word file then.I hope this may solve your problem.Happy translating!!! ... See more
As soon as read your problem I tried it myself to select all the content of a PowerPoint presentation and found out that it is in fact very easy to use 'select all' feature to copy and paste it to a word file.You can do it this way.Select view menu and select 'normal'.Bring cursor to the text side at the left hand and after selecting edit menu use 'Select all'.You will see all the content is selected.Copy and paste it to a word file then.I hope this may solve your problem.Happy translating!!!
epr wrote:

Hello,

I've been having problems changing the language in PowerPoint documents. I don't know why, but with some docs the option "Select all" does not seem to work (only the language of the current slide is changed). I have even tried selecting the language as "default", but with no results. The documents I'm working with are very long and have a lot of text boxes, so changing the language of every slide manually is very time-consuming. Does anybody know a macro or any other method for making it automatically?

Thanks a lot.
Collapse

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Be careful! Oct 8, 2003

Your suggestion only works with text that has been entered directly into PP. It will not work on text boxes, imported text or tables, or grouped text.

Regards,
Ricardo
Syed Zaman wrote:

As soon as read your problem I tried it myself to select all the content of a PowerPoint presentation and found out that it is in fact very easy to use 'select all' feature to copy and paste it to a word file.You can do it this way.Select view menu and select 'normal'.Bring cursor to the text side at the left hand and after selecting edit menu use 'Select all'.You will see all the content is selected.Copy and paste it to a word file then.I hope this may solve your problem.Happy translating!!!
epr wrote:

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help changing the language in PowerPoint documents

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »