Conversion from Powerpoint to Word
Thread poster: Alessandro Miani
Alessandro Miani
Alessandro Miani  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:14
Italian to French
+ ...
Feb 17, 2004

I would like to know if it is possible to convert a file in Powerpoint into one in Word and if yes, how to do it.
Thank you very much for your help
Regards
Alex

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:14
Spanish to English
A bit of help, I hope Feb 17, 2004

I have to translate the written part of Power Point files, so I just select all and copy and paste onto a Word document. Then I usually print out the Power Point file and check through to make sure I have everything, because, for some reason it has omitted parts of the document.
I'm afraid I'm not very clever technically, but as you haven't had any answers yet, I thought this might be a useful start.

Miguel Llorens
Miguel Llorens  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
One way Feb 17, 2004

Alessandro Miani wrote:

I would like to know if it is possible to convert a file in Powerpoint into one in Word and if yes, how to do it.
Thank you very much for your help
Regards
Alex

Hi, Alessandro

Just open your PowerPoint file, click Save as and save the file as an RTF (rich text format). You can then open in it Word.

Cheers,
Miguel

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:14
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
PPT saves as RTF Feb 17, 2004

Remember that this won't include embedded text (images) that may require translation.

Sometimes there are a lot.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 04:14
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
No need for conversión if you use Wordfast Feb 18, 2004

If your final purpose is to translate the PPT file, just use Wordfast.(www.wordfast.net)

All you have to do is open the PPT file first and then Word with Wordfast active.Then you will make your translation on the Word window and Wordfast will automatically update the PPT file with the translation.

Please be aware that, of course, Wordfast cannot extract text embedded in graphics (jpg, gi
... See more
If your final purpose is to translate the PPT file, just use Wordfast.(www.wordfast.net)

All you have to do is open the PPT file first and then Word with Wordfast active.Then you will make your translation on the Word window and Wordfast will automatically update the PPT file with the translation.

Please be aware that, of course, Wordfast cannot extract text embedded in graphics (jpg, gif, etc.).

Suerte!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion from Powerpoint to Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »