Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Feb 23, 2004

When I recieve documents from editors word asks on opening, if I want to view the changes. But how can I view the changes when both versions are done on my computer? I know there is a possibility of following changes during editing, but how about afterwards? I need to view the changes between two versions which are saved on disk.

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:01
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Solution Feb 23, 2004

In Word: open Tools menu: Compare documents...
With the newest version open, you will have to select this function and select the older file from the window that opens up.

Good luck,
Csaba

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 23, 2004

I had not noticed this entry. Is there also a possibility to chose the way word presents the changes?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to view changes between documents?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »