How to view Powerpoint XP notes
Thread poster: Sanmar (X)
Sanmar (X)
Sanmar (X)
Local time: 12:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 26, 2004

I have recently installed Windows XP and OFfice XP. I have just received a ppt file with notes. Problem is: the usual icon at the bottom to view and edit the notes does not seem to be there. Does anyone know how to do this?
TIA
Sandra

Thierry Lafaye (X)
Thierry Lafaye (X)
Local time: 13:11
English to French
+ ...
May be stupid but trying to help :) Feb 26, 2004

I see that there is an icon in the standard toolbar which may be inactive in your document: (my Powerpoint is in French so I hope my translation won't be too misleading... But I localised partially Office in Microsoft so may help hee hee) it's the Display Layout icon, between Show/Hide Grid on the right and Expand All on the left.

If not, do you see a bar at the place of where should be the notes? If so, just resizing it a bit may do the trick?

Sorry to offer just stupi
... See more
I see that there is an icon in the standard toolbar which may be inactive in your document: (my Powerpoint is in French so I hope my translation won't be too misleading... But I localised partially Office in Microsoft so may help hee hee) it's the Display Layout icon, between Show/Hide Grid on the right and Expand All on the left.

If not, do you see a bar at the place of where should be the notes? If so, just resizing it a bit may do the trick?

Sorry to offer just stupid tips but I've seen that in half the cases it actually helps for me

Hope this helps a bit?
Collapse

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:11
Catalan to English
+ ...
Viewing notes in PPT Feb 26, 2004

Can't help you with the icon.

But if it's just a question of getting to the notes to translate them, you can use the "View" option (unsure of English name - I use a Spanish version) in the menu.

Cheers,
Andy

Sanmar (X)
Sanmar (X)
Local time: 12:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resizing does work Feb 26, 2004

Thierry Lafaye wrote:

I tried this shortly after posting this question and it does work (fortunately for me since this is a bit of a rush job!) However, there must be another way, i.e. similar to how it used to be done in Office 97.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Hope this helps a bit?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to view Powerpoint XP notes

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »