How can I copy part of a PowerPoint document in another PP-file.
Thread poster: Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2004

Dear All,

I have a PowerPoint document with 66 slides and I need to copy part of these slides (22 to be exact) into another blank powerpoint document.

I need to find a way to do this in one time, not slide by slide. Is that possible and how can I do it?

Thank you so much for your time.
Lucinda

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
English to Polish
+ ...
In similar suituation I used to save a file to a new location and deleted unneded slides. Mar 16, 2004

But I am not a PowerPoint expert, I hate it... But copy and paste (even not consecutive slides) works in my PowePoint 2002)

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 19:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to the Slide Sorter View Mar 16, 2004

Hi,

Please do the following:
1) Go to the View > Slide Sorter View.

2) When you can see all of the slides on the screen, choose the ones that you want to copy by pressing Shift + Left mouse button (in the same way that you would choose text in Word).
3) Then press Ctrl + C to copy the slides. 4) Create a new file by going to File > New.
5) Press Ctrl + V to paste the slides into the new file.

HTH

Note: I am assuming th
... See more
Hi,

Please do the following:
1) Go to the View > Slide Sorter View.

2) When you can see all of the slides on the screen, choose the ones that you want to copy by pressing Shift + Left mouse button (in the same way that you would choose text in Word).
3) Then press Ctrl + C to copy the slides. 4) Create a new file by going to File > New.
5) Press Ctrl + V to paste the slides into the new file.

HTH

Note: I am assuming that you have the English version of MS Office 2000 or XP. I am also assuming that you have an English keyboard. Please let me know if you have any questions.

[Edited at 2004-03-16 17:42]
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Deleting is faster than copying Mar 16, 2004

The fastest way is to copy the whole file under another name, which you then open. In the slide sorter view (on the left-hand side), simply click on the superfluous slides and press "delete". This is much faster than copying individual slides.

Have fun!

Jill

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 18:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
Quick and easy Mar 16, 2004

rzawadzk wrote:

But I am not a PowerPoint expert, I hate it... But copy and paste (even not consecutive slides) works in my PowePoint 2002)

This is the quick and easy way to do it.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Mar 16, 2004

Open PowerPoint, click File --> to create a new empty presentation.

Go to Insert -->Slides from file --> browse to choose the presentation you need. Then chose the needed slides (simply by clicking on them with your mouse), tick the "Keep source formatting" if needed, click "Insert" and then "Close". You are done.

This way you can choose slides from several other presentations.

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much everyone. Mar 16, 2004

I used Jill's way and it worked like a charm. She is right "deleting" is a lot easier (especially for a PC-challenged person like me)than doing other things.

Thank you all for taking out time to answer my question.

Lucinda

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:40
German to English
+ ...
Master slide Mar 17, 2004

Jill's way also preserves the master slide. I have had trouble with preserving formatting when cutting/copying and pasting, but that's a brilliant solution!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I copy part of a PowerPoint document in another PP-file.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »