Thread poster: pmakinen
pmakinen
pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Jul 10, 2012

In both Word 11.8345.8341 and Word 12.0.6661.5000, Wordfast 6.03t is complaining that "This document has a faulty style" and recommends that I copy the entire document to a new blank document. The only problem is that there are headers and footers that *will not* copy (I can't even highlight the entire footer). Any suggestions.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 13:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Work around Jul 10, 2012

pmakinen wrote:

In both Word 11.8345.8341 and Word 12.0.6661.5000, Wordfast 6.03t is complaining that "This document has a faulty style" and recommends that I copy the entire document to a new blank document. The only problem is that there are headers and footers that *will not* copy (I can't even highlight the entire footer). Any suggestions.

This happens to me with a template used by one client for their press releases. I either save it as TXT (text only), or select all the text I can and paste it into a blank document. I've told this client repeatedly that the template they use hampers my translation speed but they don't seem to be bothered. If the document is short - which they usually are - I may sometimes paste them back into the original Word template - otherwise I just send it in unformatted plain text and they can reformat it themselves. Or lump it.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 13:34
English to German
Export, then re-import Jul 11, 2012

pmakinen wrote:

The only problem is that there are headers and footers that *will not* copy (I can't even highlight the entire footer).

Export the document in a different format (rtf, doc, docx, ...) and re-import it afterwards. Maybe this works.

Mihaela Buruiana
Mihaela Buruiana  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:34
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Same problem Jan 8, 2014

Hi, all,

I've found this thread while looking for a solution to the same error. My Wordfast Classic, v. 6.01, displays the message: "This document has a faulty style. Select the entire document, copy paste it into a new, empty document and try again"

When I do that, Wordfast works, but the format is not quite the same (changes in the distance between the lines, numbering, font, etc.).

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to make Wordfast work on
... See more
Hi, all,

I've found this thread while looking for a solution to the same error. My Wordfast Classic, v. 6.01, displays the message: "This document has a faulty style. Select the entire document, copy paste it into a new, empty document and try again"

When I do that, Wordfast works, but the format is not quite the same (changes in the distance between the lines, numbering, font, etc.).

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to make Wordfast work on the original document?

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Faulty Styles

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »