Publisher 2013 - booklet w right to left pages
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
Italian to English
Jan 19, 2014

I have been trying to set up a booklet in Microsoft Publisher that prints 4 pages to one A4 sheet of paper. I have managed to do this but I need to set it up so that the "last" page of what would be an English book is actually the first page as I need to print it in Hebrew.

Does anyone know how? I see how to write right to left but not how to print.

Thanks for any help.
Eileen

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
A blunt strategy Jan 20, 2014

Eileen,

I am a hardcore PageMaker user for 25+ years. I recall having used Publisher only once, and it felt like a F1 pilot at the wheel of a bumper car.

In PageMaker, the strategy would have been building a 4-page A5-size pub, and then using the "build booklet" function, hoping you have no object going across pages. Upon moving to HW, you'd reorder the pages before building the booklet.

I guess Publisher is so primitive that it doesn't have this booklet fe
... See more
Eileen,

I am a hardcore PageMaker user for 25+ years. I recall having used Publisher only once, and it felt like a F1 pilot at the wheel of a bumper car.

In PageMaker, the strategy would have been building a 4-page A5-size pub, and then using the "build booklet" function, hoping you have no object going across pages. Upon moving to HW, you'd reorder the pages before building the booklet.

I guess Publisher is so primitive that it doesn't have this booklet feature.

So one option would be to cut&paste all contents of a page into its proper place.

Is there a "pasteboard" on Publisher? If there is, you could move as a unit the entire contents of page 4 there, then move the contents of page 1 to the blank space, and finally the contents of page 4 from the pasteboard to page 1. Repeat the process for pages 2-3.

If there isn't such a pasteboard, you might have to cut&paste one page to another blank publication, and then back to its proper place.

If you can't have two instances of Publisher open, add another page to your publication, move the first page there, and then back to its desired place. Remember to delete that page after you are done.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Actually the booklet feature does exist Jan 20, 2014

That's really not my problem. It works perfectly well. My problem is the inverse page numbering. I am Printing a text in Hebrew and would like the last page of what would be the English booklet to be the first page of the Hebrew so that I can carry over the text from page to page and not have to cut and paste which would mean having to reset all text for each subsequent modification. The tabs to pour over the text from one page to the next go from left to right but I want them to go from right t... See more
That's really not my problem. It works perfectly well. My problem is the inverse page numbering. I am Printing a text in Hebrew and would like the last page of what would be the English booklet to be the first page of the Hebrew so that I can carry over the text from page to page and not have to cut and paste which would mean having to reset all text for each subsequent modification. The tabs to pour over the text from one page to the next go from left to right but I want them to go from right to left.

Thanks anyway for your help.
Eileen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Publisher 2013 - booklet w right to left pages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »